did you send your child to daycare...

i dont really care for them although my boys have attended before..

Patientchild3

Asked by Patientchild3 at 4:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• My hubby and I have a 2 yrs old DD. We have been lucky to be two working parents and haven't had to put her in a day care, until now. With our schedules changing we have no choice but to put her in childcare. Matter fact we haven't ever left our DD with anyone not even grandma and poppa. So this is a huge step for all of us. I have gotten lucky and got her into a women's daycare that is a good women that has very highly recommended to us and someone that I have known though work. So ya I am sick to my stomach to have to do this but we have no other choice. I do feel more comfortable that our DD can talk.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No. I'm thankful I have a supportive DH who allowed me to stay home with her and a supportive mother who allowed watched her when I went back to school (for only a few hours a week), when she was 1 1/2.
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 5:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm able to stay home with my kids(I work from home) but our youngest goes to preschool for 2 1/2 hours a day.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son started going at almost 2 years old when I returned to work. I am thankful for the time I had with him at home, but he LOVES his daycare. They have a really great program, all of the teachers are med/cpr certified, all hold or are working toward degrees (most actually hold their degrees though), and they are always doing, creating, imagining, singing, and playing. I am really truly satisfied with the day care our son goes to. Maybe you just haven't found a quality daycare for your child?
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 6:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My oldest has attended Daycare centers since he was 4 years old. I was a single mother and did not have a choice about working. As a matter of fact, I was a stay at hom mom until my marraige fell apart. The first Daycare I placed my son in advertised that they accepted special needs children. They were terrible. The refused to make any accomodations for my child and then blamed him for not being able to deal with it and kicked him out. I found another center and they have been wonderful!! The new center has NEVER seen the behaviors the first center saw. He began making friends and began using full sentences. It made such a HUGE difference in him. He is now 11 years old and continues to go there for before and after school care, as well as during the summer. I tell everyone how much I love that center and they are definitely worth the money. I do not know what I am going to do next year when he ages out of there
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no way. i just couldnt wrap myself around the thought. i stayed home till she was nearly 5 and grandma watches her now while i work.
    emilsmama

Answer by emilsmama at 7:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No, I'm a stay at home mom....when my two oldest boys were little, its actually cheaper for me to stay home than get a job where almost all the money I earned would have been just to pay for the day care. For me it was an economical thing. When I do go back to work, I kinda fell into a job where they let me work 9-3 and made it flexible enough that it didn't conflict with school. Since my little guy was born, I have returned to the SAHM thing!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:38 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes, I did. My oldest two went to Headstart and my youngest to a daycare at a local church. I think they are good for socialization.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 7:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My oldest two were in daycare, and we all loved it. They made friends, learned sign language and the beginnings of Spanish, and were well ahead of their peers when they started Kindergarten. I think that there are good ones and bad ones, I was very fortunate. With my youngest, I'm a SAHM. I work with him on colors and numbers, but honestly I'll feel better about his education when he's in preschool. It's important to me that he gets a feel for a more formal environment before he starts Kindergarten, I saw the great results first hand.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes my daughter has been in daycare since she was a little over 12weeks old. it has been a blessing. its an inhome daycare in which we have known the woman for years. she learns so much and doesn't cry when i leave her and i know she is getting the best care possible when i am not with her. i am a single mother so i had to do it but whenever i am not working or just when her grandma wants her home she stays home.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 9:02 AM on Aug. 28, 2010