Just a question about the baby moving?

Did  any of you want your baby to move around in the womb? Like he moves alot but is there things u can do to get him to move? Iheard shining a flash light on ur belly will do it but it dont work :-( any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• drink something really cold....that worked for me..or kinda shake your belly...
    MariahsMama09

Answer by MariahsMama09 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I used to push my fingers firmly into my belly. That worked sometimes. Another thing is to sit and relax for a while. The soothing rocking from you walking stops and so they wake up and hopefully become active (this is why they are usually so active when you're trying to go to sleep!!)
    xraydri

Answer by xraydri at 11:47 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My babe was mostly quiet in the womb, not so much in real life. She had her time periods she was a rock'n. Drinking ice water was the best way to get her to move though!!!
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 12:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• you shouldnt push into your belly, you could bruise the baby... thats what my doc told me. drinking OJ, putting an ice pack and then putting a warm wash cloth on your belly also taking a nice warm ,NOT HOT, bath should also make your baby move.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 12:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When ppl wanted to feel the baby move I use to hold my breath for a few seconds and contract my diapham and then breathe and cont a few more times then my baby would move it worked in both pregnancies , or I would pat my stomach in different areas kind of like I was trying to wake him/her up..  that would make them move also..And ounce when I was in the hospital and they wanted the baby to move they stuck  a buzzer to my belly (this little thing that looked like a vibrator..lol) and that really made the baby move.. Hope this helps

poohboo75

Answer by poohboo75 at 12:23 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Be patient. The baby will move and soon you will be tired of him moving too much. My kid didn't respond to any of my prodings! Or you might try some music!
    amandallamas

Answer by amandallamas at 12:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Baby usually wakes me up it is like the baby has a pattern of activity anyway,like after you eat or when your shouting,or if you really need to be assured poke your tummy and shake your belly,even put on some music..baby should react.
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 12:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i would just have to scratch my belly with my nails....no not hard like a tickle....it always worked for me.
    nikki.b.

Answer by nikki.b. at 1:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• The flashlight worked for me! Along with poking my belly like PP said and when my husband would make weird/loud noises at my belly lol. Also, cold sugary drinks like soda did it too! Just don't go overboard lol. But my baby was definitely a mover anyway and he still is!
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Mine was most active when:

-I'd just eaten a big meal and then laid down with my feet up.

-I'd just laid down after being active for a long period.

-I'd laugh or sing.

-I'd sleep on my left side.

BobaFetsHelmet

Answer by BobaFetsHelmet at 4:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008