What would you do with an adopted teen who has sex with everyone in school?

My cousin has adopted a teen and the girl has sex with any boy in school. I've heard the number has risen to 300. This includes adult men that has come through her bedroom window at night. Her parents has caught men climbing out the window. My cousins husband was arrested for making threats against the males whom has been with his adopted daughter sexually. My cousin asked her why is she doing this. She replied, "the boys asked to have sex with me and I tell them yes". Her mom allowed her to take the trash out oneday. She hadn't come back for 20 minutes. My cousin looke outside the backyard and her adopted daughter was having sex with a grown man behind the shed. She could see her dress up and the man holding her up against the shed. My cousin screamed and the man pulled up his pants and ran off. The adopted child refused to press charges. What would you do? She is only 14 years old.

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 8:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Adoption

• If she is only 14, the child does not have the right to refuse to press charged. This is statutory rape and the parent/guardian should press charges.  Also, she seems to need psychological help.  She may feel worthless and this might help her feel better. 

She needs to get tested for STDs and she needs counseling. 

layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• First take her in and make sure she hasn't contracted anything. Then take her to a therapist. Maybe its an attention/love need thing, or she's asex addict. But anyway you slice it, its a cry for help.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 8:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would put her in counseling, with a woman. take her to rape counseling too, bc just bc she said yes doesn't mean she really meant it. she's sick and needs help.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• By the my cousin has taken her in for std's and placed her on a birth control shot. She has run a way from home for weeks at a time. When she returns she never tells where shes been. Also the man who had sex with her behind the shed,: My cousin can't press charges against him because she doesn't know who he is. My cousins teen adopted daughter will not tell. My cousin and her husband is trying to return her back to the state. They can't take it anymore. They've tried couseling and she sits there and will not say one word. She laughs until the hour is up. Soo sad.
    Godswk

Comment by Godswk (original poster) at 8:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x275/debbycus/img3.jpg

Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 8:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Two words: Mental Hospital.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 9:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Holy Hell! What a situation! I feel so bad for your cousin.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 9:06 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Giving up on her isn't the answer.... sadly thats five to one the reason why shes doing this. Shes confusing sex or love, or being loved.... She needs to be placed into a program where she stays until she talks..... as for no pressing charges, sorry she doesn't have that right until shes 16 in some states & 18 in others, that is your sisters right as a parent. & She needs to do it...
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If nothing is working i'd go to the courts and request and ankle bracelet and a curfew. My little sister has one noe cuz she was out of control. She can't leave the house before a certain time. And has to check in at 2 different times(check in as in be in the house), and she has a curfew. My mother is also trying to make it to where its mandatory she get a job. She hates it because she lost her freedom. Everymove she makes is tracked. But if you don't know what to do with your freedom then maybe you don't need it. I suggest your cousin do that.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Fistandatulus, I'm a nurse, and I've seen what it's like in the adolescent mental hospitals. She would just be in close proximity with boys her age who have a history of being sexual abusers. There is no guarantee that she wouldn't still be having sex in the hospital. The staff do what they can, but imagine being in charge of 20-30 kids who have the most difficult behavior problems in the whole city, and having them all together in one place.

The mom needs to get a photo of the guy if possible before she chases him off, then she needs to press charges. She also needs to think about getting a security system, and maybe have the girl wear some kind of GPS device (call it crazy, but people do it in extreme circumstances like this).

Your cousin is not to blame for this - it more likely has to do with what the girl has been through. She must not give up on her! She is the girl's lifeline.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:08 AM on Aug. 28, 2010