i have been having alot of extreme back pain lately? and last nite lost alot of sleep from it and it starts in my lower back and comes all the way around the front and is painful as ever. sleeping on my sides doesnt make it better nor does sitting up..did research and they said it could be preterm labor and my dr said its just that im soo far along..please help 1st time child and dont know what to do

and last nite lost alot of sleep from it and it starts in my lower back and comes all the way around the front and is painful as ever. sleeping on my sides doesnt make it better nor does sitting up..did research and they said it could be preterm labor and my dr said its just that im soo far along..please help 1st time child and dont know what to do

shayshay22

Asked by shayshay22 at 11:14 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you ? it could be preterm or braxton hicks i dont remember what braxton hicks felt like lol i think with my first i just went straight to labor
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i had this problem at the end of my seacond trimesteri went to the hospital and everything. it ended up between two choicesa kindney infection(when a bladder infection gets pushed back to your kidney) or a mussle spasm. theres nothing to help either because medicine for a kidney infection can hurt the baby and it dangerous to get pain medication for a mussle during your pregnancy also. i had to stick it out. i didnt sleep for like two weeks but the best help was a heat pack laid across my side so it could touch the front and back. and REALLY hot baths they say they can hurt the baby but just keep the majority of your tummy out the water thats what they told me.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• im 39 weeks and 4 days and my dumb dr said that he doesnt think ill make it to my due date 10/15. but its not braxton thats for sure this is like nothing ive ever felt and it hurt so much to sleep..i kept the huney up all nite with it
    shayshay22

Answer by shayshay22 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• well honey if your that far it maybe labor try calling the labor and delivery and ask them and if your 39 weeks its not preterm anymore they really concider that when its before 37
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it sounds like you are in the early stages of labor. call the hospital you will be delivering at and ask them about it. they will be able to tell you more about what to do.
    proudmama1207

Answer by proudmama1207 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• if ur that far along it cud b labor i had back labor with both my kids i wud go 2 the hosp and let them check u its fine for u 2 have ur baby now
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 11:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• That was what my first labor felt like... The worst back ache of my life... Good luck!
    jencrazywith2

Answer by jencrazywith2 at 11:52 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i also felt like that for like two months,mine was a serviour pain on the right side,and it could worsen with walking i could feel pain in my vagina.,but after i went for my antinantal a week ago the doctor said it is due to kidney infection.how often do you urinate?just visit your doc for more information.he gave me antibiotics and am at least feeling o.k.
    claire271

Answer by claire271 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Hello i'm not saying you shouldn't be concerned i case it gets worst but I'm on my six kid and due in 4 and ahalf weeks and my braxton hicks are like what you are discrbing and I know how you feel. I've been checked and they say theres noway I'm in labor. The best way t know is if they go away and stay gone for a while you can be pretty sure it just braxton hicks.
    Tiffany6996

Answer by Tiffany6996 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 10, 2008