Are you afraid to get married?

I have been married twice. I'm afraid to get married again. I have taken the time to have a quality relationship this time. It has been a very long courtship. It has been 11 years. We do not live together. The relationship has been based on real life issues...what if's and working out problems. The fantasy romantic stuff and cute smiles and polite stuff is ok. I wanted to know what if this or that happened. After 11 yrs. This or that has happened and we pulled through. Although I must say, this or that hasn't involved infidelity. We both agreed that is a deal breaker. It seems that when people sign the marriage certificate they change. I believe in the sanctity of marriage, but it takes two. What do you think?

Godswk

Asked by Godswk at 8:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes I understand feeling terrified by the idea of marriage, BUT it sounds like you two have really tried your hardest to make it work and to make sure you are right together. You say you've been together for 11 years? Well if you still think you love him and he's right for you then marry him! You know what you're getting in to, getting married won't magically turn you into completely different people.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 9:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• nope...I been with the same guy for over 10 years now. We will be married 7 years this October
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm not or wasn't afraid to get married but I do see how people change.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I am. I have son w/ my bf of 4 (going on 5) years. He wants to get married eventually (sooner than later, though) but I'm hesitant. Partly b/c my parents were divorced before I could even have a memory of having two parents. But mostly because I can't trust my bf. He's not exactly a provider...not emotionally stable...doesn't have savings or secure finances...and isn't responsible. I don't want to be married to someone who I don't feel would be the husband that I need. He's a great friend & a good dad, but definitely not husband material. He's way too selfish. Besides...we'd need to go through extensive counseling (and him mental therapy) before I could even consider putting a ring on my finger.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No, i've been married for 5 years to my high school sweetheart.
    SparklingHope

Answer by SparklingHope at 9:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No-I just tied the knot May 8th this year...(my 2nd marriage). But I was nervous!
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well I have only been married for 2 years so far. But I wasn't afraid of getting married either.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• nope
    3xangel

Answer by 3xangel at 11:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010