Do you like the sterotypical boy/girl colors?

I do. My SIL and BIL are having a baby and they know it's a boy but she prefers green/gender neutral colors. Just curious about what you prefer :)

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 8:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I like the "normal" colors. I know some women who are SOOO against the pink for girls, I guess b/c its done so much.

But there are other colors out there that I like. I LOVE purple, its my fav color. I also like brown and pink together :)

My son always looked good in green too....

There in not much I dont like ahahahaha :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• im having a girl so im doing everything pink its funny cause i never like the color pink but for my DD i would do it
    cnoble927

Answer by cnoble927 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I prefer reds and blues for boys, purples and crazy colors for girls. I've never dressed the kids in gender-neutrals, unless I really liked the style of the clothes. I also don't like the typical teddy-bear, animal stuff they have on kids clothes.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• neutral colors for me i can not stand pink lol... Maybe it's because i am the only girl out of 11 siblings lol.. I have 2 amazing daughters and we did not put pink on them either..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 8:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I work at a baby store. People come & shop off registries & always question why the parents picked out yellow and green items instead or pink for their baby girl. (Just b/c it's a girl doesn't mean everything has to be effing pink!) I think neutral colors are great. For my boy, I had cream & green and went w/ a jungle theme that also had those colors + yellow and brown. If I ever had a girl, I'd go w/ neutral colors or pastels...like pale yellow or lavender. But I do also like a pastel pink w/ brown.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With my boys it was mostly blue - but that's because I love blue. We are having a girl and I've already made it VERY clear that anyone who buys her pink is wasting their money! I will NOT wear pink on my child, I just can't, I HATE pink! Now, punk rock pink... That I could maybe do, but girly pink? Not a chance in hell! Mostly what we are buying her is green, brown, orange and even some blue... NO PINK!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My DS's favorite color is red, he has always looked good in dark greens and oranges so most of his clothes are red green and orange and have been since he was about 3 months old. DD looks gorgeous in blue. Ever since she was about 3 months old she has worn mostly blue. She is starting to prefer pink and purple though...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not all babies look good in blue...?! LOL Who knows, when my son was a baby he wore all kinds of colors- some of our favorites were little Peter Rabbit onesies that were beige with little bits of blue and green all over, super cute! But my third daughter wears a lot of light blues, yellows, light green... I've seen so much pink and purple over the last 4 yrs, it's just crazy!! LOL I'm not so "girls have to werar girly colors anymore" But just for fun, my son is curled up in a lavendar colored blanket behind me, and it makes me wish he had a shirt that color!! It makes his eyes sooo blue! My kids look amazing in Grey also, they all have very deep blue eyes, so greys and purples have always looked great on my girls... :)
    KariLyn84

Answer by KariLyn84 at 9:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I knew I wanted a lot of green even before I found out I was having a boy. I'm very much a tom boy and never liked pink, I told everyone if I had a girl your not a loud to get pink but luckly I had my baby boy and we avoided blue as much as possible. His room is green, most of his cutest outfits are green and brown. only his simple gown items are the common blue color.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i am very big on pink /purple for girl and green and blue for a boy .i went to a baby shower the other day and she was having a girl and her theme was orange lol
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010