What are some of your most favorite fall flowers ? What are you planting for spring to come up?

I have mums for the fall anything else out there and I have crocus that come up in the spring and those pretty purple flowers that look like grapes I forget the name right now what do you have?

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Right now so much is blooming.. The sunflowers are like 12-14' feet high so Pretty! Almost as big are all the angel trumpets!! The hibiscus are flowering.. As are my black eyed Susan's,garden phlox, st. john's wort, cone flowers, rose of sharon, morning glories, my 2 Anniversary Glads. The geraniums, purple passions, honeysuckle, Etc.. All our fall mums froze out.I'm wondering if my fall bittersweet will ever do anything.. We've had it 7+ years. It only gets Green & grows high but never any berries. Wondering if my chinese ;lanterns are going to bloom? For spring we have many lilies and daylilies.. Not much else.. I don't want any of these blooming flowers to quit! We have huge ares of morning glories now.. I want them to go on forever.. Good luck to you in everything you plant!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Mums for sure. They are so bright and showy.

Answer by Bmat at 9:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Do you mean grape hyacinths? There is a nice purple flower that I am seeing now that has purple flowers growing up a stalk, and the flowers are globular from what I can see from the street, but the cluster is bigger than hyacinths, and I don't think it is the time of year for those anyway. I was thinking lupine, but I'm not sure.

Answer by Bmat at 9:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• So far I just have mums for the fall. We just moved in here last year so I've been adding to my flower beds little by little, I plan on getting some black eyed susans to go along with the mums. For spring I just got a catalog I'm going to order my spring flowers from, I'm still deciding but so far I'm getting, snow crocuses, snow drops, glory of the snow, grape hyacinths, and I already have daffadils, tulips, and hyacinths but I'll probably get more of all those. The tree flower types with "snow" in them all come up first thing in the spring while there's still a little snow on the ground which is important to me becuase by that time of year I'm about crazy to see some since of life outside to let me know spring is coming lol
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:28 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes Grape hyacinths is what I was trying to think of Thanks Bmat I also do daffodils
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 2:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Oh yeah I ordered some pink Tulips from the breast cancer society they will be in in Oct
    Moms_Angels1960

Comment by Moms_Angels1960 (original poster) at 2:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010