Worried...

Im 24 weeks pregnant and since yesterday my urine has been smelling really bad. It doesn't hurt when i pee and i have no pain otherwise. Im worried it could be something wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would call up your doc or midwife. They asked me at every apt. if anything changed with discharge or smell and I would think this would count. Better safe to call and check and it be nothing at all then wait and something does go wrong. Good luck!!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• it could be an infection which is very commen when pregnant, but if not treated it can case problems. You can still have an infection I think even if you don't feel like you have to pee. I just got over a bladder infection I didn't even know I had it it like just hit me all the sudden at the grocery store where I had to pee so bad,but couldn't thenit hurt to pee the I started bleeding the same day and so I went to the doctor and he said I had a really bad bladder infection and the thing is I didn't even have symptoms before it got bad. So you still could have one especially in your conndition I mean you are pregnant so which means you go to the bathroom a lot more so you aren't feeling the earge since you empty your bladder frequently I would still make an appointment with the doctor for the babys sake
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You should call your doctor, but if you aren't having any other symptoms could it have been something you ate? Some foods (and vitamins!) can really make your urine strong.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• it is probably really concentrated..... was it dark in color? i think you need to start drinking more water (and cranberry juice), but definately make an appointment with your ob. just incase it is an infection.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• that usually measn you are ehydrated, but also, if you are taking pre-natals, iron makes your pee smell funny! This is my 5th, and that happens to me!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Drink more water and call your doc
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Could have been something you ate? Drink lots of water, if you are still worried call your Dr. Monday.
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 10:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• maybe your dehydrated
    BkMommy2be

Answer by BkMommy2be at 10:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010