My two year old is a lotion addict!

anyone else? Mine is constantly 'I need 'Ocean' on my legs'... so I giver her some...'and my arms'...so I give her a little more...'and my tummy'...give her a little more...'and my elbows'...then I tell her she has had enough but ten min later she wants more! lol. I only allow it once a day though.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 9:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• TOTALLY. I know what you mean my dd was like that...and finally eased up a bit...haha Now my boys are that age and LOVE the lotion! I wonder if it's something to do with a developmental milestone...like doing things on their own etc???
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 9:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• That is too cute and she wants to smell good all the time. They have lotions for toddlers i would get her some and let her do her thing ..Once you get it if you could explain to her that she can use it after her bath ..
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 9:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yes! i give them a little dot then a another then another and another finally i say thats enough and they get upset.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:25 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my mom got my dd hooked to lotion she is always trying to rub it on her legs and arms .and when you put some in her hand she rubs it in and says more
    britme1027

Answer by britme1027 at 9:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Too cute!!!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:31 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Cute :-) My 5 1/2 year old has been hooked since about 18 months-two or so. Several times a day, it was "can I have some more?". She's always been girlie and told me a couple of times that lotion makes her feel like a lady. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My dd does the same thing. She's going to be 2 next month so mabey it's just an age thing
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Absolutely! My son is 2 and is obsessed w/ lotion. He loves to lotion up after bathtime. He'll want me to put lotion in his hands & he'll rub it on his belly and arms and legs. He'll then demand more once he's used up what I've given him. He also like to help me put my lotion on...he'll do the back of my legs and I got a new tattoo recently & he likes to put it on my arm where it is. So helpful...lol.

paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son's the same way paige8608! He knows that after bath time he gets lotion, and he loves it - I have to keep the lotion bottle up so he doesn't go crazy trying to get at it!
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:59 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son doesn't have a thing for lotion but he uses hand sanatizer quite a bit.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 4:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010