Getting married

Pros and cons? Are you all glad you got married or do you sometimes secretly wish you'd never tied the knot?

SarahBel

Asked by SarahBel at 10:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I was with  my dh for about 7 years before we married. I have no regrets. I did with my first one though...

We just tied the know May 8th this year...

AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I married my best friend, so its all pros for me, lol. He's been "the one" since 6th grade. I've always known no one else could come close to the place my heart has held for him all these years. <3
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have absolutely no regrets with my DH. For me it has been all pros. Lol, this was not my first marriage though. Last time around, when we got married it was like someone flipped a switch, and my prince charming morphed into a super controlling, aggressive, abusive freak!!!! So, it just depends on the people what marriage does to a relationship!!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• when we have money issues i think i wouldn't be having these problems cause my husband wastes a lot of it. although he is a great guy and i'm glad to know that he truly loves me and i like all the perks of being married that i get. like after 10 yrs of marriage i'm entitled to half his social security even if we get divorced. which won't happen. also he truly loves me kids. he is a great father and he is very sensitive. i'm not one to just live with someone. why would i waste my yrs wondering if he truly loved me or not.if he left i wouldn't be entitled to anything since common law marriage doesn't apply in this state. at least i'm pretty sure it doesn't.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• pros: financial, awesome insurance, I get to live with him (he's in the military), I'm much more comfortable in our relationship. it feels more real to me to be married. like, we have to work through problems now, not just split. I'm not saying people who don't get married don't work just as hard at their relationship, but sometimes if I have an easy out, it's really tempting not to take it.
    cons: I'll never have those new guy butterflies again. that's the only con I can think of lol.
    I'm happy we got married, but then again, we've only been married for a a couple of years. maybe in 20 I'll have a different opinion, but I hope I don't.
    catharsis

Answer by catharsis at 10:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have been married for just shy of 7 years. I have yet to experience any feelings of regret.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• When I got married the first time he was my middle school and high school sweetheart. After we married there were no cons we always found a way to compromise. All of a sudden he began to change into an arrogant and aggressive moron. He constantly blamed his change of behavior on him being in the army. I tried to make it work or a few more years but his attitude got worse as the days went by so I divorced him. I am engaged now to the man i prayed for for so long and in my heart I feel he is God sent. So I dont think marriage is a bad thing its just how well you both are able to adjust to changes.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My husband Was my middle school and high school sweetheart as well :) I have Absolutely NO regrets on marrying him. I still feel those butterfly's in my stomach each time we kiss :) I wouldnt replace him no nobody in this world Pros: Someone you can trust, talk to, have there with you no matter what, help you out, spoil and pamper you, give you the love that you need.
    Cons: There arnt many just that sometimes financial issues may get in the way but other than that nothing really. And that not even a huge problem because you still have eachother.. Marriage is meant to be easy its is something you do have to work at but the love that yall have for eachother makes it all worth wild!
    Momie09

Answer by Momie09 at 11:14 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No I don't regret it.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 11:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We're not married.I don't feel the need to be.We will be together for the rest of our lives.He is 57 & I'll be 50 this year.He's talked about getting married.He has never been.Who knows?
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010