milk in a bottle only

i try to give my daughter her morning milk in her sippy but every time i do it she just doesn't drink it and when i give it in her bottle she drinks its all. through out the day though she drinks juice and water out of the sippy only. but with her milk i am having a heard time. she drinks her milk before her breakfast shoudl i put the milk with her breakfast in a sippy. has anyone done this and how has it worked out.

also at nigt time before bed i give her a milk in a bottle i am trying to just give her milk at dinner but she prefers it warm. any tips would be appreciated.

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 10:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't let that fly. I took both kids off the bottle between 11-12 months.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:51 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• She will not starve or go thirsty. If you stop warming her milk and stop giving it to her in a bottle, she will learn to take a sippy cup. YOU Are he mother and not her. Not only are you setting her up to think she can get her way if she refuses to do what she doesn't' want to, drinking from bottles causes rapid tooth decay and tooth position problems.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 10:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• well congratulations but my dd is obviously not and i wanted to get some feedback. i was gradually doing it. i rather her drink her milk in a bottle then not drink it at all. so its going to take a little time so i was looking for some feed back.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i was on a bottle way passed her age and i had no problems with my teeth with either tooth decay or problems with positioning. anyways, why is everyone that answers not giving helpful tips just being rude. just the same bs. i know i am her mother. i am looking for those that have had this situation or similar. if you have not do not answer please. i do not need to be told i am her mother. i am aware of that.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just switch if you want to. She will drink it if she is thirsty. It's just a habit for her. If you break the habit, there may be a couple of grumpy days, but she'll get over it quickly. Good luck.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:13 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• we just started milk in the sippy cup (he has been drinking water out of a sippy cup for a while) - he's doing ok- but i also find he doesn't completely drink all 6 oz. I'm working on it though - I think you just need to be patient with it. I'm also making sure he has his yo-baby yogurt so he's getting the calcium. Keep plugging away.
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 1:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just keep trying the sippy is pretty much all you can do, aside of just taking the bottle away.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:31 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I know exactly what you mean. My oldest was like that. Honestly, I didn't try a thing. I just let him keep having his milk in his bottle until he was ready to get rid of it. When he was 2.5 years old EXACTLY he threw them away and hasn't looked back. His teeth are perfect and he is 4. I had my bottle until I was 4 and used it only for milk. However, I would probably refuse to warm up the milk but that is just me.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:48 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• i waited till mine was 2 and went cold turkey on him. you know what it worked! i had not one problem! out of site out of mind.
    lukesmomma1979

Answer by lukesmomma1979 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I never put milk in a bottle. My son went cold turkey from the bottle and formula when he turned one.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:50 PM on Aug. 29, 2010