Why are there so many people without children on here?

I'm not talking pregnant. I'm talking people who give their kid up for adoption... or had stillborns or miscarriages(ONLY) NO OTHER CHILDREN. I'm asking because if you dont really have a child (now)- why would you want to be reminded of the pain of the stillborn or miscarriage....

Seriously, I dont get it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Oct. 10, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I don't believe that I have met a single lady here who is not at least TTC. .. and I've seen 3 dads. Two of them were posting on their wife's acct and opened with Hey this is Mr. ID and I just want to say...one was isn't she great and the other was my wife and I have a disagreement and she wanted me to ask all you guys. The Third was a widower who was just looking for some advice on raising his kids and also let us know right up front that he was a man/father. So I don't know where you have seen all these unfortunateladies, but I'm sure they have their reasons. Maybe it is theraputic for them to have someone to talk to about something very private and emotional.

LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 11:49 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• There are support groups on here. These "mothers" deserve to have their place to. What right do we have to judge what comforts them?
    jencrazywith2

Answer by jencrazywith2 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• This is a rude post. Thanks for so bluntingly rubbing it in their faces.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• This is a good site to learn about children and ask questions about stuff like that. I tell everyone about this site cause it is very informative to soon to be mothers or mothers trying to concieve and also they have some one to talk to.
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 11:22 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thats not what I meant 'heaven'- i think those are the people that should be on here. not people who dont even have kids....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had a miscarriage and belive it or not I am still a mother and would have still been a mother even if I had not had any children before I lost my baby. I was pregnant I gave birth and my baby died their is nothing stating that all of your children have to be alive or born to be a mother. You should really be more sensitive to that fact that some of us like thinking about the children we lost. I really have three kids one that is a two year old terror, one in heaven, and one who will be here in december.
    Anonymous

• I didn't say they werent ever a mother. I just dont see why they'd wanna be on here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:26 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I agree with jencrazywith2. Maybe because they need support from other like them or they are TTC. Do they make you uncomfortable? I think sites like these are perfect for people with or without children for obvious reasons.
    mom2trewife2vic

Answer by mom2trewife2vic at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• CAFEMOM...MOM, what is a mom. Someone who conceives a child or takes care of. There, this is CAFEMOM, a place for mothers, therefore a place for people who give birth or who are going to give birth. Doesn'T say anything about what you are talking about.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Oct. 10, 2008

• What makes a mother anyway? Who are you to say that they dont have a reason to be here? Why is it you feel the need to rub our losses in our faces? Does it make you feel good about yourself to make others feel bad? I hope so since that is all this post was put up for. You must be really bored and pathetic if you feel the need to be curel to those of us who have lost a baby and to those who may not ever be able to have kids.
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 10, 2008