How do you make your lazagna?

I like mostly store brand sausage, sage, heavy on the onions, and garlic, tons of cheeses and sauce (both)

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 10:53 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• lots of vidalia onions, ricotta cheese in every layer, very thick mozz. cheese on the top. The sauce I add the onions, spices, and simmer.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• you mean lasagna?
    1 jar store bought sauce
    1 pound sausage or hamburger
    1 large onion
    (garlic and spices)
    8 OZ ricotta cheese
    2 cups mozzarella cheese
    1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
    2 eggs
    1 cup of water
    lasagna noodles.

Bown meat and onion. Drain and add garlic and spices. Add sauce and water. Set aside.
    In a small mixing bowl add ricotta cheese, eggs, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan. Stir well, Set aside.
    Laddle a small amount of sauce into the bottom a 9x13 baking dish. Add a layer of UNCOOKED noodles. Then layer on the cheese mixture, then a layer of sauce. Repeat until you have used up all the cheese. Finish with a layer of noodles covered with a layer of sauce. Add the remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses to the top. Cover with foil and back for 45 minutes at 350'. Remove foil and back another 15 minutes. PERFECT EVERY TIME!
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 11:00 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i make my own sauce with ground beef & spicy italian sausage, vidalia oniona, red & green peppers, mushrooms, lots of garlic,, fresh basil & oregano & a bunch of other spices & stuff. I use cottage cheese instead of ricotta cheese. It's creamier & DH does not like ricotta. I like using fresh mozzerella if i have it. Sometimes, i'll put pepperoni on top.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:01 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• 16 oz Italian sausage, 15 oz ricotta cheese, 1 egg, lightly beaten, basil, thyme, garlic powder, oregano, 16 oz shredded mozzarella/provolone cheese mix, 16 oz. spaghetti sauce, 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Found a recipe on AllRecipes.com and tweaked it. Works well for us. :)
    sojourner.

Answer by sojourner. at 11:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Homemade pasta, homemade mozzarella and ricotta cheeses, scratch bechamel sauce, scratch tomato sauce, fresh spinach, cooked-down short ribs, button and portobello mushrooms and freshly-grated Parmesan.  It takes days and it's totally worth it, I've won prizes for it.

Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:03 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It depends upon my mood, really. I always use the barilla noodles, the ones you don't even have to cook before assembling the lasagna. My cheese mixture is Ricotta with mozzerella, and a little bit of cottage cheese. I add garlic powder, dried onion chips, oregano, basil to the cheese mixture. And then depending on upon what I feel like, I either use hamburger and spaghetti sauce, like prego, or if I'm feeling really fancy, I'll do asiago chicken sausage and home made alfredo sauce. If I do white lasagna, I usually add something like spinach to it. Either way I make it, it's always layered noodles, cheese mix, sauce and meat, then mozzerella on the very top. Man, now I want lasagna.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 11:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I make mine simple boil the noodles and brown the ground beef then mix the suace and ground beef together and put some sauce in the bottom of the pan and then layer noodles and sauce/ground beef then cheese that's how we like it nothing to fancy not a lot of money invested
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I prefer to use ground beef in my lasagna, instead of sausage. I make my own sauce, mix the ricotta cheese with cottage cheese for more moisture, and use mozzarella in the layers but parmesan on top.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i buy frozen...it's good.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 10:34 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• hamburger, spaghetti sauce, cheese and the noodles
    jilligan362

Answer by jilligan362 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2010