what do you think of pot smoking parents??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Personally I think it is their business, BUT... I don't have much respect for them, especially if they are doing it while taking care of their children.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think its their business.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:15 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't think anything of them. I have a bad reaction to pot, so it's not for me... But I know parents that do... Not really a big deal to me any more than a parent that drinks or takes pills... For some it's a benefit, for others it's not... Anything in excess isn't a good thing, but a once in a while or for those who have ADD or similar issues which can benefit from weed, it's not a bad thing either.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It depends on the parents. There are surely some that are horrible parents, and there are definitely some that are great parents. My husband has some relatives that used to smoke it legally (in Mendocino county, CA) and they were/are excellent parents. They don't smoke it anymore, but when they did, they still did a great job with their child.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:16 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's not my business.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:17 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• its there own business what they do behind closed doors, but pot isnt a bad thing( i dont think anyway) and if they dont do it around there kids or other peoples kids then its not a big deal.... again this is just my opinion
    Paige-0

Answer by Paige-0 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's a personal thing for anyone who does it. It's like anything else. Moderation. The only difference in a parent who smokes pot and a parent who drinks (assuming both aren't doing it in excess) is that pot is illegal.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My sister is one of them and we know a few freinds who do as well and I totally disagree, only because the few I know who are pot smokers seem to care more about the smokin than the needs of their children and thats where I draw the line.
    EmmaLeeMaLa

Answer by EmmaLeeMaLa at 11:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm ashamed for almost all the women who answered this post! Pot is ILLEGAL. Unless you have a prescription for it, you are breaking the law! Regardless of whether you're a worse parent or not, you're showing your child that it is ok to break the law because "pot is harmless". BULL its harmless. If you're focusing on other things, than you aren't focusing on your child or your job. Pot is WRONG.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree with anappleaday. My dad has smoked pot his whole life and he lives in my grandparents attic, sad to say he's a looser. Has never been a dad to me or my sister he knows not one of his 6 grandchildren nor do they know him. It very sad..very! I know that it's probably too late for him now that he's about 50, he's seriously fried his brain. People can say oh that don't happen but I've watched it happen over the last 29 years of my life. I know it's an addiction and it's hard to quit, but if your older and have kids it's time to grow up. It hurts your kids and your whole family for that matter..I would know I deal with the fact everyday

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010