I'M PIST

My 19 yr use to do volunteer services for the city when live in. Now she does nothing no college no job. I'm tired of her lazy a**.
I ask her to do simply chores around the house and she acts like she doesn't listen to me.
Yes we pay for gas, insurance, car is pd off, cell phone, and her food. She doesn't pay rent.
She's not attempting to do anything with her life except to live with a guy....
that's a different story
She dropped out of a private college and "WE" have her loan. More debt on our part. No she doesn't help us out with the either. She tells me when she joins the service or gets a job that loan is ours not hers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I'd say peace out then! Let her do what she wants as long as she's NOT in your house. Stop paying for her stuff..
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:21 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• She's a adult so treat her like one. Tell her to get a job/go to school and help out around the house or she' out on her ass. Also tell her if she doesn't start buying her loan you'll take her to court. If she wants to learn the hard way of what an adult is then do it. Don't let her walk all over you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• * not buying I meant paying
    mommy_of_two388

• If I were you, I wouldn't be paying for her gas, her insurance or her cell phone. None of those things are necessities. Yeah, I would let her eat, shower & live there. But, if she wanted anything, and I do mean anything, other than those basic necessities, she would either earn it or live without it. As for her student loan, unless my name was on it, I would not pay that either.
    Sounds like she needs some hard lessons in growing up, and unfortunately, if you as her parent don't let her learn them, she may never learn them.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• So she is leaving soon? If not, give her a time frame to either get a job and contribute or get the eff out of your home. Good luck, and sometimes they just need a big huge push out of the nest:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 11:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• hubby says tell her " be all you can be"
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:23 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Of course she's home living off you, your allowing her to. Trust me your not doing her any favors with what your doing. She'd find a job and get her ass out ASAP if she were mine. You need to let go and let her do for herself and get her out on her own. Not easy, but tough love and she sure needs it........Good luck with this one.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 11:26 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would say give her 30 days or 60 or 90 to get a job and start contributing to the household or you're going to kick her out. The follow through.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• What the heck is "pist"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You need to give her a 30 day notice.And,if she isn't taking you seriously,after the 30 days are up,start eviction proceedings on her.I know if she was my daughter,it would hurt like hell to do it,but it would happen if she didn't pay rent in her own place.Good luck!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010