Does it seem like their gone on the weekend?

Every weekend my DD wants to play with the neighbors kid which is fine. But it seems like I never get to see her. She's always back and forth between the two houses but its like 5 minutes out of every hour! Now she wants to spend the night tonight. I will probably let her because I want her to be happy and have fun. But I always miss her on weekends!

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 11:29 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Socializing is good, but its also good to instill in her a sense of family responsibility. Try a mother-daughter day. If she's not really into that, have her invite 1 female friend and you guys can have a girls day. Kick all the guys out of the room and do each others hair and nails. Plus, her friends will start referring to you as the "cool mom" :) win-win!
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No I live in a small apartment. I don't want a bunch of kids over.
    SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• She is learning to socialize and maybe is showing a little of her independance.It's natural.Sounds like you've got a great daughter! : )
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 1:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010