At what age should i stop watching scary movies in front of my son?

i watch scary movies alot and i was just wondering if ne1 had any advice on when kids will start imaging things when they see something scary?? Tyler doesnt seem to mind but he has just recently started watching kid movies (chipmunks & elmo & barney) so if he watches that does it mean he can understand hes supose to be scared of the movies i watch?? help me out pls. : )

DARKxXxangel

Asked by DARKxXxangel at 11:30 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Entertainment

• Some stop when the kid starts asking questions about them. I never stopped. My girl is 5 1/2 and loves them as much as my husband and I do. It depends on if your kid scares easily and if he can tell the difference in fiction (scary movies) and reality (that none of it is real). It really varies by kid.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't let them watch it especially when they are younger..they say little kids minds are like sponges at the young ages. And just cause they're little wouldn't mean that they don't keep that scary image in their mind..I guess thats a to each their own..

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If he's old enough to watch those shows- then he shouldnt be allowed to watch anything over a G rating. You dont want to traumatize him & give him nightmares. Welcome to the world of waiting til they go to bed to watch the good stuff~
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I never stopped watching scary in front of my kids. Or any type of movies. (I do not mean XXX movies).

Answer by louise2 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My son gets scared very easily, so I don't watch them around him. When he was around 1 we watched Horton Hears a Hoo and the rock rolling towards the flower scared him so much. Then Alice in Wonderland, Alice falling down the hole scared him. I love horror films, but I save them for night after everyone is in bed.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 11:37 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• At about age 2 sleep problems seem to intensify. I'd say better not expose the child to something scary for several months before that.

Answer by Bmat at 11:40 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm with Bmat. My son just turned 2, and in the last few months, he seems really affected by what we watch. My hubby watches a lot of crime shows and such, and so he's had to stop watching them around our son.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My oldest son has never been able to watch scary movies. He's almost 16 and they still freak him out. My 6 yr old LOVES to be spooked and scared. He is able to separate TV and movies from the real world. I think every kid is different. I grew up watching scary movies with my dad and I turned OK. I think? You know your child best, and know what is right for you. You wont scar you child for life. There are much worse things in the world than a scary movie.
    babyboyzz

Answer by babyboyzz at 11:50 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Stop? I never started! I have NEVER watched anything scary unless my kids were sleeping!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• How old is your son? You didn't mention it in your post.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010