Define honor

Preferably your own definition, not what some guy on tv tells you to think, or something copy and pasted from the dictionary that you don't even really understand.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:39 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Honor means upholding your principles.

Answer by Bmat at 11:41 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Honor ...Is recognising those who have decided to give all they have to do what is right.
    There are several biblical examples of honor
    The woman with the alabaster box
    The widow with only 2 mite
    In history
    Martin Luther King
    Rosa Parks
    What Former President Bush did when the troops came home in Dallas recently
    I cant think of a lot right now but there are a lot of people worth honoring! Some I dont even know about.
    In that post of mine NP .the people that are being honored, many are african americans, others who were born in other countries but live here now. one is a baseball player
    We are restoring Honor to them what was taken from them years ago
    We are giving back to those that honor and respect was taken from them
    When people are not giving honor and respect it tears down
    What your doing in that post NP is dishonoring ... there is no honor nor respect, just hateful comments. I am sorry but thats how it
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• WOW umm let me see...

I think it is someone who risk their life to fight for what they believe and or to help someone else
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my own definition of honor is someone who is honest. You can take their word and know it is their WORD or oath if you will. Someone who stands strong for what they believe is right, and against what they believe is wrong. It is a type of pride that others place upon you based on your actions, which at times includes bravery.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:45 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• NOP it's jewjew of course she feels left out if you don't let her attack you. Too bad she is horrible at it and makes herself look like an ass.

And here^^^^ we have a perfect example of the LACK of honor. I suppose she has never heard of the 2 word rule.....
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 1:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Upholding your principles while listening and possibly incorporating others ideals to refine your own principles in a forthright and honest manner.
    urkiddingright

Answer by urkiddingright at 11:44 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• To me, it's a thing of respect given or received due to good merit or actions which have displayed high values and morals.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think honor can be easily framed in the one rule we have in our home. BE NICE. If you think about it, it covers pretty much everything. I tell my boys, "one rule, two words..if everyone lived by it the world would be much happier."

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 12:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I didn't see anyone 'screamed' at because they weren't going to watch LOL..thats a bit of a fib..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 2:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• To me personally, honor means keeping my word, doing what is right regardless of who approves/disapproves or is even there to see, and standing up for what I believe in.

Honoring someone else means treating them with courtesy at the very least, being proud of them for what they've accomplished, being thankful they are in my life or changed it somehow, and remembering them after they are gone.

I can't remember the exact quote, but it goes something like ~ Honor is an island with no beach. Once you've left it, you can't return. To me this is very true.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010