Stomach tenderness...

I am 39 weeks pregnant and for the last couple days I've been really sore on the left side of my stomach. Just one area about the size of my hand close to my belly button. What could this be? It is very tender and hurts a lot!

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 11:42 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• With my oldest daughter i was 1 wee over my due date and had the same problem. With me it was because she laid there all the time and she was getting big. laying on any of those nerves or even just laying in the same spot all the time can cause sore and tender places. Just like if u lay on one side to long it hurts. I wouldnt worry to much and it should all be over soon. Good luck with the little one.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 11:46 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you are just sitting or laying in one spot it can make those nerves hurt.
    I get that way some times.
    But I am not as far along as you are.
    Good Luck
    newathis918

Answer by newathis918 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Its worse when I walk and he mainly lays on my right side
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i would still say a nerve or tender spot that maybe the baby kick alot. But if ur still worried u could always call ur doctors office and ask the nurse or doctor. They could tell u if u need to come in or if its normal.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 11:58 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I do think its normal but I just dont know why its all of a sudden.
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• its probably round ligament pain. im thinking that because it hurts worse when you walk. when i was as pregnant as you are, that same area on my belly actually got completely numb and then stayed that way until i delivered. my round ligament pain would get way worse when i walked too.
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It is more an ache or a pain? If it's an ache, I'd say it's probably from your muscles, skin and ligaments stretching. If it's a pain, I'm not so sure. Mention it at your doctor at your next check up.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010