have you played an instrument and given it up, ?

Did you pick it up later, or have you gone further and started a new instrument that you enjoyed much more?
Did that make your life more fulfilling?

coffeeyum

Asked by coffeeyum at 11:43 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• When I was in grade school,I played the clarinet & my twin sister played the violin.It's really sad because the school system here cut out some school programs and one of them was music.
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 11:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I use to play the trumpet and stopped. I never picked it back up becuase I really never cared for it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:47 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I used to play the clarinet. I enjoyed it, but my mom used to nag me to practice, yet make fun of me when I messed up. I got frustrated one day after a barage of her insults and I flopped down on my bed in tears. The clarinet bounced off my bed and just the way it hit the case, a piece of it broke. I showed it to my band director and told him what happened and when he looked at it, he said it looked like it had been broken before as there appeared to be glue residue around where it was broken. My mom refused to get it repaired, insisting I did it on purpose.
    I have always wanted to learn to play the piano. I was recently given one. I hope one day to learn.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:48 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• In middle school, I played the violin and cello. When we moved from NC to Texas, the school district we moved into didn't offer orchestra, so I had to drop it. I wish my parents had found a way for me to continue as I look back now. If I were to pick it up today, I'd probably have to start all over!
    RBurton1996

Answer by RBurton1996 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I played the clarinet in middle school and gave it up because it hurt my cheeks to play it, lol. I'm since taken up the guitar and have stuck with it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I used to play piano, clarinet, violin, viola, a little flute...haven't played anything in 10 years :o(.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 12:05 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I took guitar lessons as a kids... wanted to be a rock star! I have picked it back up in the form of Guitar Hero! WoooHooo!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 12:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I taught myself how to play the piano when I was 11 and I've always loved it but I stopped playing after high school and just have never picked it back up. I hope one day I will be able to though. I also tried to learn the guitar but it hurt my fingers to bad and I gave up. Lol. Maybe one day I'll try again.
    Tab2

Answer by Tab2 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I played Clarinet in junior high band, but I never really liked it, so I gave it up. I started playing piano in third grade, and I still play it occasionally.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I play piano and bassoon. I still play both.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 1:06 PM on Aug. 30, 2010