Am i wrong for not wanting to be with my childs father

For a long time i tried and tried to make things work with my daughters father. but after all the cheating and lying and controling he has pushed me so far away and he has just now decided he wants to work on things. the problem is i do not think my whole heart is in it now, dont get me wrong i do love him. he is my childs father. but i dont think i want to try to work things out and be with him any more...but am i wrong for this?

xcutxupxlovex24

Asked by xcutxupxlovex24 at 11:54 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• No, you so in the right! Why would anyone want to remain with a scum bag like you daughters father? Now that you want out he want is to try and work on things which I think is a lie. I think he's just saying that to keep you from leaving and just another way to control you.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• nope. you cant help who you love and dont. he had his chjance and blew it! GL
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No you are not wrong
    if you tried and things didn't work, it is hard to keep trying after all the trust has been broken. I know i would be a bit hesitant if he suddenly wanted to try after all the trying I did.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Trust has been destroyed.  You are not wrong.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 12:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No....this is your life too. You have lots of options for love~go and find a person you can grow with and share that yummy connecting stuff~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• If you do not want to be with him anymore. Leave him.

Answer by louise2 at 12:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Your not wrong some man just run use off by cheating and lying and been controlling that you can stand it anymore you have to move on. I think your main focus should be your daughter right now. I'm going to tell you something thought don't look for love let it come to you. Because you don't want to end up with a with a controlling freak again!!!! Best of Luck
    elisabellaguna

Answer by elisabellaguna at 12:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks you guys. i was just worried because i have had ppl tellin me to just deal with the problems and stay together for our daughter.
    xcutxupxlovex24

Comment by xcutxupxlovex24 (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No mama,you're not wrong.But do you just love him or are you IN love with him?If you have done everything possible to save you're relationship,then maybe it is time to start making some decisions.Good luck sweetie!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 2:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not wrong at all. It's better to be apart. Imagine how a kid would feel when they found out their parents were miserable just for them. It makes them feel guilty. if a happy home can't be created while together, I think a couple shouldn't be together.
    Good luck :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010