Serious fatigue? Have you had it? Symptoms?

I am 16 weeks pregnant and I have been having fatigue...but today is horrible!!!

Almost cant function at all!

Tell me your story so I can know if I am normal or something to worry about!

mom2twobabes

Asked by mom2twobabes at 11:56 AM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• At the beginning of my first pregnancy, the only symptom I had was extreme fatigue. I would feel about dead all day at work, come home and literally pass out right on the living room floor for a couple of hours, get up to eat dinner, then go right to bed and have no problems sleeping all night, and I still wouldn't want to get up in the morning. It does get better eventually, probably soon for you. I didn't have a problem with it coming back with my first pregnancy, but it did with my second, something awful, the last month or so (though that could have had something to do with having a toddler to chase around, and with it already being difficult to move with a baby taking up all that space in there).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 12:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You are only around 4 months pregnant. It is normal how you feel.

Answer by louise2 at 12:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With this pregnancy, I was exhausted during the first few months- like it took all of my energy and strength just to even lift up my arms. It has gone away though...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i was sick through almost my whole last pergnancy. my doctor had to give me some medicine so i could keep food down i couldn't keep anything down at all. it is perfectly normal.
    Brittany V.

Answer by Brittany V. at 12:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• At that point in all my pregnancies (working on 4 now) i had horrible fatigue. Well to be completely honest im 33 weeks now and its horrible yet again. I dont even feel like getting up to get a drink or go to the bathroom some days. I always want a nap but with 3 kids already thats almost impossible. Ur body and baby need rest if u feel that way so just relax as much as posslble and give it some time it should ease up some. At least until ur so big so u cant walk up ur steps without having to stop to catch ur breath lol.
    tiffany0317

Answer by tiffany0317 at 12:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The best way I can explain my first trimester is the most exhausted I have ever felt in my life. It eases up in your secont trimester and then comes back when you're getting read to give birth.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My last pregnancy, at some point in the day I would just HAVE to lay down and take a nap. I couldn't function otherwise.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• THANK YOU GIRLS! I knew it went along with pregnancy. Its just been going on so much for so long I began to wonder if I am just a big lazy bum or something.

Ready to feel sort of normal again!!! :)
    mom2twobabes

Comment by mom2twobabes (original poster) at 12:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010