I want more friends. =(

I feel lonely... All my friends are so far away- I have depression issues and I need a friend who can make the effort to check in on me when I decide to hide from the world. I always put in 100% in friendships but I dont feel that I get it back, and I'm afraid of getting too close to people... everyone leaves....

My husband is my best friend yes, but.... I need a woman! I dont even care about her age or anything...

I want a best friend closer to me.... Am I the only one?

Sandiii

Asked by Sandiii at 12:04 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• omg i am the same way i live in alabama ...... where do u live? maybe you could find one on here that would be so cool.... good luck
    Anonymous

• Nope, not by a long shot. It seems as though, after having Kaylee, I really have no friends left. All of those friends from High School (I am 22) that I used to party with seem to have disappeared the second I said the word "pregnant". The only female friends I really have now are the girls from work, and while they are all really nice and around my age, they have all known each other for years, so I feel like an extra wheel most of the time and don't really hang out outside of work so much anymore.

I too wish I had a (female) best friend again!
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• and where do u live?? just asking and how old, lol
    Anonymous

• Ooh, yeah, that too, i live in California :)
    CarolynBarnett

• Hello there, I know what you mean. I'm trying to find friends that I can hang out with and without our children. I live in Greenup Co. in Ky.
    my4loves3

Answer by my4loves3 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Ifeel the same exact way. People are nice when they want someting and once they get it they leave. If i did't call the people i know, none of them would call me. So why bother. Ive never had many women friends. When i have they were back stabbers. I say what i think and people dont like me because of it. I finally told my dh that i give up on trying to have friends. So you are not alone.
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• colorado
    bubblebean

Answer by bubblebean at 12:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am 20 years old and I live in VA!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Its hard to have friends once you become a mother. It seems you lose your identity and people dont want much to do with you when you have a kid. Once I had Delilah(DD) everyone bolted....
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 12:18 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I hear ya girl! I had my first daughter when I was 21 and all my girl friends were just getting into the partying stages! I remember how great they were with me and my baby, but the connection is different when their out drinking and your changing diapers. Your young and growing up fast. It will all work out, I am in Arizona but I am here for you when ever you need to talk. I'll be your friend

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 12:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008