how do i tell my friend her babies head is way to big, and maybe she should get him checked out.

msjuicycouture7

Asked by msjuicycouture7 at 12:10 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• What makes you think his head is too big? The doctors check that at every check up.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ya I would like to know why you think his head is too big also
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 12:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• How big is too big? Most babies see the dr. pretty regularly, they probably already know how big the baby's head is.
    CaLizzyMom

Answer by CaLizzyMom at 12:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• um, the doctor would have seen that at birth, and every checkup after that. just because you think it's too big doesn't mean it is. i know someone who had kids and all their kids' heads were big, i mean like they might as well have been bobble heads. seriously, i'm not even kidding, i wish i was.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My nephew had a huge head he's since grown into, it's not uncommon to see that. I'm sure he's fine and if he wasnt Im sure that his parents would know
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:14 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• this babies head is huge , it look like his head weighs more than he does. i was thinking she know something wrong with the little twerp and just doesnt say anything.
    msjuicycouture7

Comment by msjuicycouture7 (original poster) at 12:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well there are some races where the childs head is naturally bigger than most. If you are really good friends than she should have no problem with you making a comment on the childs head. There is no real easy way to tell them but just make the comment casual like "awwww, what a big old head you got there cutie" then try to bring it up to her "look at his big head (lol) you ever notice how big his head is compared to other little babies (lol)" try to make her take notice to that fact and not make it like, oh hey your kids has a huge old head you should get it looked at. Maybe she has thought about his head and she might talk to you about it. Then if she shows concern just be like "have you ever thought to have them looked at....?" Ice breakers icebreakers lol. My sisters baby is FAT FAT FAT not a cute oh look at the chunky baby he is OVERWEIGHT. I told her he was really big and she doesn't care. GOOD LUCK!
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My one step son had a huge head. I mean seriously. When he played Tball, the youth baseball cap did not fit his head. They had to get him an adult one. He is now 20 and he has grown into it.
    This is something the doctor checks at every visit. They actually get out a tape measure and measure it. If it was too big, the doctor would know it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• lol my nephews head was so big like it seemed to weigh him down, he's got tons of scars on his forehead poor kid
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We joke all the time about my RN's big headed baby...sweetly....MD are really good about watching brain pressure. I have a few friends with kids with ventricular shunts~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010