Pro life- or Pro choice?

Please, no nasty comments here folks. Just a poll.

I personally am pro choice. My body, my choice. I'd rather see adoption as the first option. Not all situations of pregnancy should have only one choice- especially when it is not a choice.

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 12:08 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would never have an abortion and would not want my daughter to have an abortion either. But it is none of my business what other families choose to do. I believe that first trimester abortion and morning after pills should be legal. However, heavy counseling should be imposed after the 1st trimester if someone pursues abortion later in their term of pregnancy.

I do believe that some people will always be desperate enough to have abortions regardless of their legality. They will go to backroom butchers (or worse - use coathangers) to get it done risking their life. Also some teens have legitimate fears of their parents beating them if pregnant and will do anything to rid themselves of the pregnancy.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Pro Choice
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• When it comes to myself, I am pro-life. In reality, though, I realize that it needs to be pro-choice. It is - unfortunately to some - a civil right. I know if I became pregnant from rape and kept the baby, it would take a serious toll on me. I couldn't do that to someone else.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 12:12 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• A "poll" might be best in the "poll" section: http://www.cafemom.com/quizzes/poll_index.php

Just because it does allow you and others to actually see a poll!!

Personally, I'm pro-life! When does the baby, who pays the ultimate price (death), get a choice?

SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 12:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I believe that you and I are on the same wavelength...I would much rather see an adoption than an abortion, but I don't think that, like you said, "Not all situations of pregnancy should have only one choice - especially when it is not a choice". I agree with that 100%. In situations of rape, incest, or medical emergancy, I agree with abortion 100%.

Anyone else, however, who knowingly took the chance of getting pregnant, GOT pregnant, and want an abortion...I have something to say to them. But this is neither the time or place. :)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:13 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• PRO-LIFE That baby did not ask to be concived. Why should a child have to die because you cant keep your pants on?
    lovemybabys1106

Answer by lovemybabys1106 at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I am pro-life for myself, but I believe in the need to have pro-choice. That being said, there should be preconditions and consequences given to a woman who is allowed to abort. Abortion should not be used as a form of birth control. It should be reserved for very specific purposes.
    MommyRust

Answer by MommyRust at 12:16 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• pro-life. If the mothers life is in danger is the only reason to end a pregnancy. If rape I was at one point on the fence until my 20 year old son asked me... isn't it still a baby and a life.

lovemybaby1106: some of those pregnancies may be due to rape or incest not necessarily just taking there pants off.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Pro-life....but I see the need for pro-choice in certain situations:rape, incest, medical emergency. I do NOT think pro-choice should include being able to run to the clinic to have an abortion as a form of birth control!! If you can't handle it keep your pants on or put it up for adoption....
    Anonymous

• I am pro-life. I do see the need for choice though. I believe you should need a doctors approval in order to get a abortion. And they should cost a lot more money. Also you should receive counseling before you do it,and be fully aware of the consequences. A Lot of women never get over having one of being forced to have one.

MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 10, 2008