Need more advice.... :-/

On this post, please?

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/508204/Husband_went_for_motorcycle_ride_at_9pm_didnt_come_home_until_4_30am

Thanks ladies..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry, I'm going to have to agree with anon... I'm not sure what else there is to tell you. He won't stop drinking until he decides to and you cannot make that decision for him. The only thing you can do is stay with him and endure his alcoholism, or leave and hope that that is the push he needs to clean himself up. I really think you should tell his family what he is doing and I get that it is embarrassing for you, but I'm pretty sure they will want to know everything. And I understand the house you live in is their's, but I don't think they would be happy to know that their grandson is living in this kind of environment. You have to be strong, this isn't going to get any better until you do what is healthy for you and your child.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Im looking for more peoples advice on what I should do, Im so confused about everything right now. I know there is no magic cure for his alcoholism. I definitely wasnt lookng for catty remarks that arent helpful in any type of way. Im sorry if you feel that I have gotten enough advice, but I personally appreciate everyone who has answered already and am just looking to see what other people think and suggest I should do. Thanks for the post. :-/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I told his Mother about it already, and she says she will "have a talk with him" but thats the same thing she says EVERYTIME something like this happens. She says that his father was exactly like this, and I just need to accept it because he will wise up someday. And she says that she doesnt understand why he would be this way bc he hated seeing his father drinking all the time when he was growing up... I just dont know what to do anymore.. I dont want to just sit around and wait for him to decide if hes ready to stop or not, bc in my heart I feel like he isnt going to stop, and hes going to be like his Father. His Mother says that she now knows that she should have left his father back in the day.. And I feel like I dont want to be like that, looking back with regret.....
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• But I would feel like a horrible person to leave him and have our son have to bounce back and forth between homes..
    Anonymous

• I hate to say this, but sounds like you are on your own as far as support from his family goes. All I can say is you have to decide whether staying with him is better or worse than leaving him. I'm so sorry you are going through this:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think you got a lot of advice, I'm not sure what else you are looking for.
    There is no magic pill that will cure him of his alcoholism.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010