How can I remove melted fabric from iron surface? Ugh, someone ruined the iron & I can't seem to press anything without staining other fabrics especially whites, please help. Thank you!!

Bellafleurs

Asked by Bellafleurs at 12:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (-8 Credits)
  • I use a hand held steamer, but I remember my mom a steal wool pad to remove burnt on clothing. Now this was fine for irons at the time, I don't know about those used today and the material they are made of. Another thing I remember her doing was wetting a towel and ironing over again and again until the burnt clothing was removed.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 12:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Fabric stores will sell iron cleaner.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:01 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I purchased this steamer rather than an iron, and i know I made the right determination. It is compact (could fit into a shoebox), simple to operate, and really steams! It really works very well to be so small and simply designed. I think for that money, you can not do much better. It would even do well for traveling - I think it says this from the product information, but I did my worries. This task probably would not take up any further room in a very suitcase than the usual blowdryer. I'm over joyed with my purchase and i would certainly suggest it

Fabric Steamer

Frankysmokes

Answer by Frankysmokes at 11:18 PM on Sep. 30, 2010