help I had a bad bladder infection, but still feels like I have to pee

I went to the doctor last week (saturday) they done a test and showed I had a bad bladder infection later that day I got the burning and the pain when I went to the bathroom and was spotting I got on meds. Well I have 1 more pill to take today then I am done with the meds, but I still feel like I have to pee. It isn't as bad (like the pain and burning) now just feels like I have to pee and it is annoying cause I can't go. The docotrs office isn't open until Monday. What should I do? Also DH and I haven't had intercourse in 4 weeks because he had got sick then I started my period then this and now I still have it and he wont do it with me until it is gone cause it is contagious. What to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in About CafeMom

• While antibiotics prescribed by a physician are the only way to cure a bladder infection, you can do some things to self-treat the symptoms and to help prevent future bladder infections.

An all-time favorite way to treat and prevent bladder infections at home is to drink cranberry juice. Cranberry juice often helps reduce frequency of bladder infections. Cranberry herbal supplements are available over-the-counter and many women find they work amazingly quickly when an UTI has occurred.

Stole that from a web site I hope it helps LOL :D
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't know! But hugs for you!! I was on Chemo and it caused me issues.. And I needed meds. I couldn't afford so I can't Say.. I hope you feel Better! Cranberry juice does hep too!?? I coulodn't drink it b/c the Red Devil Chemo made me pee Red.. It gave me so many Bad side effects I began hating anything Red.. Good Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's not contagious, but if it is still bothering you, you can go to the drug store and get AZO which is something that numbs the bladder. It does turn your pee orange, so don't freak, if you try it. That will help till you can see the doctor again.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 12:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• oops one more I missed it lol

A drug called Azo-Standard is available OTC and often relieves the pain associated with urinary tract infections. Azo-Standard, does not however, cure the underlying infection.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 12:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Go to drugstore and get AZO cranberry pills and REAL cranberry juice from the grocery store. I had a UTI a few years back and took those things and the infection went away without me even going to the Dr. Don't know if that was a fluke, or what, but it definitely helped me. If anything it will help alleviate some of your comfort until Monday.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• * help alleviate some of your discomfort, not comfort. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 12:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Try drinking some cranberry juice
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:03 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The best thing to drink when you have an infection like that is cranberry juice...and lots of it
    shelly4860

Answer by shelly4860 at 6:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Not going to repeat what others have already suggested but it may not be a bad thing to not have sex till you are healed. Sex could reintroduce bacteria to an area that is already struggling to cope with too much:)
    Not sure if you are a coffee or tea drinker but caffeine can make the symptoms worse.
    bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 6:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Your bladder has been through alot you need to give it a few days to get back together. I wouldnt have sex cause that could make it come back. And drink lots of cranberry or pomegranate juice. if you dont like them you can buy cranberry pills at a vitamin store. Just be patient call the doc if it doesnt stop pr feeling like its getting any better.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2010