Did anyone freak out after they got married?

Like u felt like u made the biggest mistake of ur life! Tha t u wanted to turn back time? Did it get better what did u do?? How long have u been together are u now happy or are u even together still??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• We have been together since we were 14yrs old, married at 17yrs old (did have second thoughts) and still married now 19yrs later. I think it was just the jitters for me because it didn't last but a few months.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 12:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Marriage is tough, don't we all go through feelings of uncertainty? I know I have, but I come to my senses pretty quickly. I was married the first time when I was 21 I had no clue who I was and I think being remarried at 31 made a difference with me. I know what I wanted, was willing to compromise on ect..

JenNAY3

Answer by JenNAY3 at 12:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it takes time getting used to having someone around when you have been by yourself. i love being married now but i have only been married 6 months. so what do i know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I definitely had the same feeling. I have been married with my husband for 6 yrs now. I love him to death though. I guess it was the jitters. I hope you can get over the feeling. Good luck!!! And hang in there.....
    Anonymous

• I have suffered from anxiety my whole life and any big change would send me into panic atacks. Strangely marrying my hubby was the one time that it didn't happen, but when we first moved in together about 2 yrs b4 we were married I did feel all those feelings. I think u r having panic attacks . If you can, call a doc and set up an appt to see if they think its anxiety. they could give u an anti-anxiety med or offer some counseling. For me the feelings seem to naturally subside after a few months. Sometimes I need valium and sometimes not. My Dh and I are having our 5th baby boy next month. We have been together 10 yrs now and married for 7 yrs on New Years Day 2009. Just b/c ur scared now doesn't mean u made a mistake, its just ur bodies way of signaling it knows something has changed and it wants to get ur attention. Good luck and message me if u ever need to talk
    mommyof5boys543

Answer by mommyof5boys543 at 12:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it'll be okay. i think that is normal. married 2 years later.. after 3 weeks of knowing eachothr i'm happy.
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 12:44 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I was 18 I did it because I was pregers and I thought that is what everybody expected me to do. I knew the moment I left the church I had made a mistake. I stuck it out for 15 yrs and 3 kids. I have been divorced for 8 and I am much happier now.
    I once dated a man that said he was at his reception with his now ex wife and he looked accross the hall with a piece of cake halfway to his lips...saw her accross the room and realized he had mad the worst mistake of his life. My mom said she knew it was a mistake too...I think it is more common than you think.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:32 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I was married for the first time when I was 20 (I was widowed 4 years later). I was very young and naive and spent months planning the wedding and all. I focused so much on the wedding day that I never even truly imagined being married in the real sense. On my honeymoon, I remember feeling sort of sad and missing my mother. I felt really weird. I couldn't explain it and didn't share that with my hubby. It was just a sadness inside like I didn't know what to think about my new life. It was so unexpected. However, my husband was in the military and went out to see 8 days after we got married. I lived with my parents and didn't see him for 8 months. So I didn't really process those feelings because I was back with Mom & Dad a few days after my honeymoon.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2008