scared

hi everyone i just recently found out that i lost my baby i had a d&c yesterday, the doctor said after about one month i can try for another baby they do not know why this baby died they said it could of been a bad egg or sperm it has nothing to do with me, my husband and i really want another baby but i am scared. i do not want to go thorough this again. does anyone have any suggestions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• I know miscarriages are horrible but sometimes they just happen, they can't be helped. Sometimes the baby just isn't meant to be and you shouldn't let this put you off having other children. Particularly if your doctor has told you that it wasn't any problem to do with you or your husband, there is no reason why the next one wouldn't be completely healthy. It's sad, but you can't let it stop you from moving on.
    SarahBel

Answer by SarahBel at 12:50 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• i went through the same thing.. I lost our baby at 12 weeks, had d/c and than got preg3 months later with my healthy baby girl.. its hard and i do know and sympathize what you are going through. It will all work out.
    shorty_18

Answer by shorty_18 at 12:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• give yourself time to process this loss...
    and hidden blessings happen..how many people do you know raising special needs babies.....we loved them to the end, but it is a life that changes parents forever.

I bet you are meant to have typically abled children and this is your journey for that to happen....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 12:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm so sorry for your loss. Good luck to you in the future!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 12:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sorry for your loss. When you feel ready to try agian go for it.
    motherwanting6

Answer by motherwanting6 at 1:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Grief hits people in different ways and just give yourself the time you need to grieve the loss of this baby before you 'try' for another. I just m/c in June at 13 weeks and had a D & C also. I feel for you as I understand what you are going through. We began trying after just a month as well as I felt ready and was past the point of 'trying to replace' the baby we had lost. We can never replace him/her but we have come to a point where we are ready to have another baby and can accept that our m/c child was just not meant to be.
    So sorry to hear of your loss. It is through the understanding and support of those around us, that you can get through this.
    miraclewaits

Answer by miraclewaits at 1:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My mom had a miscarriage a few years before she had me. She was told the same thing, but still blamed herself. She was scarred the entire time she was pregnant with me. It's perfectly natural to scared.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010