formula feeding momas

what kind of formula do you use ???
how does the baby do with it ???
is it ready feed or powder ???
and have any of you noticed that the ready feed is thicker then the powder ???
and man i forgot how bad formula smells and stains lol its been a while

britme1027

Asked by britme1027 at 1:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I use Similac my son tolerates it so well. Both my recent boys (1 month old) (15 month old) have had to have the Soy formula and yes the canned concentrate is much thicker than the powder. I use the powder and so you know they are cheaper at Target! lol so are Pampers if those are the kind that you use. Oh yes the reason why I prefer Similac is because I have tasted the formula. Enfamil is like metallic tasting and Similac is not.
    agriffinmom4

Answer by agriffinmom4 at 1:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I use Nestle/Gerber Good Start Protect +
    My daughter loves it, all 8 oz at a time! haha.
    I use the powder, the ready feed goes bad too quickly and you have to refrigerate it which means you have to re-heat it too.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• my baby is 6 weeks. we started with Gentlease and i tought it was working but apparently the gassy explosive poops were a reaction to lactose. she was also getting congested and mucousy. another symptom. and a few of her bowel movements had tiny bits of blood in them. scary stuff! then she started acting like she was becoming colicky. all of this was a reaction to lactose so we switched to Soy. we use Enfamil Prosobee and things are 100 percent better! I also switched to Dr Browns bottles and it helps with her gas. Good Luck!
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We use store brand. We were using a gentle formula (store brand version of Enfamil Gentlease) but this time we picked up the kind with the added rice starch because he's been spitting up more. We'll see how that works out.
    We did use the ready to use stuff for the first 2 weeks because he was only taking 1-2oz at a time and it was just easier to pour it out of the container than make a bottle and split it up so he only got 1oz. We usually get Target brand but this time we were at wal-mart so that's what we got.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• oh! i forgot....we use the powder. ive never used ready feed. i thought i read somewhere that u mix it with water tho...i would have to read the instructions....also, i think that Soy smells better than regular and i havent had any issues with stains : )
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 1:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We use Enfamil Lipil W/Iron - Powder.
    Both of my children were fine with it. Neither of them spit up a lot. Neither of them had excess gas from it. It worked well.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 1:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• We use Similac Sensitive RS since my son was spitting up so much. We always use the ready to feed because the powder clumps!
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 5:52 PM on Aug. 28, 2010