If your in the military do you find it family friendly?

I have alot of family members that are in the service in all branches. Well they like it cause for them it is the best choice but as a family they say its hard cause the military doesn't give a crap about them on the solider. I guess that makes sense but for the people I know that join believe that they will be treat great by the military and are disappointed when they don't care... What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• There is a saying in the Army- If the army wanted you to have a family, they would have issued you one. I know all branches are different and I have heard that the Air Force is the best branch to be in in you have a family. I think a lot of it also depends on your MOS and your unit. My husband was infantry and he was in the field a lot. Now someone whose MOS has to do with finance, may be home and have better hours than infantry. Also, the units have FRG's and it really depends on who is running the FRG as to how well they do to help the families and provide activities and support while the service member is gone. Anyways, overall raising a family while in the military can be hard, but its what you make of it that counts.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My hubby was in the Navy for 7 years and we had a very positive experience. He has been out for 3 years now and we miss it terribly. He was an Officer, could that be the reason? I have a feeling that the Enlisted guys aren't treated as nicely as the Os, but I could be wrong, hope I am.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 1:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010