Anyone have tips for iron-on transfers?

I have found some cute Iron-on transfers on eBay and am considering them as a means of saving money on some of my dd's clothing. Anyone have any tips or anything they can share in regards to this? Thanks!

Kelly_n_Payton

Asked by Kelly_n_Payton at 12:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• They're not difficult at all. I would only recommend ironing the clothes you're putting them on first so there is no wrinkles under the transfer. Most of the time the transfers are good about going through the dryer, but sometimes the cheaper ones can melt so you question the quality, you might want to dry them on low or hang them to dry. They are a cute way to save money.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 9:22 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I'm not sure if you are able to do this but I have a few computer programs (printmaster and adobe photoshop) and I make my own designs. Then I go to walmart or wherever and get the iron on transfer printer paper. It works great!! I did do it on a onesie one time and it didn't turn out too good. The fabric stretched and the design got messed up. But as long as you are doing it on a t-shirt it will work great! Good luck!
    l.bicks

Answer by l.bicks at 12:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2008