Jehovahs Witnesses

Do you think that they are what they say they are?
Or they are fake? I think they hide but have many secrets of their own but yet love to judge people when someone does something wrong in their religion they kick them out god is supposed to be forgiving and they tell them to go away and that they cant come back to their church for sinning????

Momie09

Asked by Momie09 at 1:47 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think they are brainwashed. They don't know any better. They don't know the truth.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 1:49 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I agree with txdaniella, they barely know what they're preaching about themselves because in most cases it seems that their religion has been spoon fed to them and they've never known any different.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• After trying to talk with one who came to my door years ago, I've come to the conclusion that they only know so much about what they believe. The ones I talked to really didn't have any answers for me, except the same one that they preached over and over.. which I stopped.. LOL. They say that only 144,000 are going to Heaven. So finally I asked if I was getting one of their spots then. Since only so many get into Heaven, why would they go around trying to recruit... that's YOUR spot you are giving up ;) They left and we've never had another back at our door.. LOL!!
    HeatherReneeB

Answer by HeatherReneeB at 1:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• LOL! I just simply do not understand and will never understand those people!
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 1:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• a great resource to go to learn more about JW's is: http://www.ftfacts.com/

It shows a lot of what JW's believe ;-)
    missionarywifey

Answer by missionarywifey at 1:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you got yourself kicked out of the Kingdom Hall, lol! Well if you're going to hell, you might as well catch a ride. I call shot gun!

JK

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 2:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Lol never have i ever joined in this religeon and never will lol
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I dated a guy in high school who used to be a JW. His father was excommunicated because he chose to believe that Jesus is the Son of God (they believe He is the angel Michael). As a result, I learned way more about that religion and what they believe than I ever cared to. I sat with his dad once as he explained to a JW the difference between what they believe and mainstream Christianity. The JW was very easy to trip up because they don't know the basics of their religion. The whole situation was very sad. When my ex's dad was kicked out of the church, his mom and other kids refused to have anything to do with him. Only my ex supported his father and converted to Christianity.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I like the brainwash comments, Cause I say yea we are..brain washed clean of all the lies satansworld teaches. And as far as the 144,000 it's in revelation there are only 144,000 going to heaven there is no place for me cause I will be here on earth the way it was meant to be. One of the many places this is talked about is in Psalm 37. I don't want to be in heaven I'd rather be here enjoying life the way God meant it to be. Dan 2:44 tells you the role of the 144,000..This wicked world meaning the people on this earth wont be here forever satan will be put in his place at the time God sees fit. Right now satans ruling thats whythe world is the way it is 1 john 5:19..but as the free will question was brought up earlier we have the choice to do as we wish with our lives..do what God and his son say or not..up to you

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 2:11 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• OH GOD!
    Momie09

Comment by Momie09 (original poster) at 2:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010