Do you agree or disagree?

Amen Ra - God the Father
Horus - Jesus
Isis - Virgin Mary
Osiris - Holy spirit

Just a comparison of the Ancient Egyptian God/dess and Christian dieties.

sugahmamma

Asked by sugahmamma at 1:53 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Disagree completely.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 1:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Just wanted to say I love your username!
    luvsmysonjames

Answer by luvsmysonjames at 1:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hey thanx!
    sugahmamma

Comment by sugahmamma (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I completely agree. I have read large portions of the Book of the Dead and there are many comparisions to be made to the bible.
    mom2four1978

Answer by mom2four1978 at 2:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's fairly similar. The stories have been told time and again, by different people, which to me lends to their credibility, not the other way around.

the Bible even says God has many names.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I think such comparisons can be made with any 'mythology'.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Agree as I always say Much of Christianity was borrowed and there are many many different similarities including the stories. The ones you named are the same a very similar story in a different religion. This is why I think essentially all religions are based the same, and probably started out as one.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Yes I agree.

I believe that throughout the history of man, the belief in God(s)/Goddesses has always been the belief in the One Universal Creator/Being.. That throughout the history of man, God has been called by different names, different aspects of God have been identiefied through many different. Goddesses/Avatars/Prophets/Incarnations of God. Because all are one, even in the view of a male and female diety, it because of balance, universal balance. They are still "one", one must have the other or is in the presence of the other.

The different names used, rituals used, and the forms the difference aspects are viewed as, have all been different due to: Time period, Languange, Culture, and Geographic location. But all have still believed, worshipped..etc.. The One God, The One Universal Creator..
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I believe all faiths are just different perceptions of the same Reality/God/Truth...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:12 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Agree. The Egyptian society and their religion is many thousands of years older than the Judeo/Christian one. In addition, it was very successful in surviving so long. The Israelites were captive in Egypt many different times in history. They were an unimaginative lot, but they did know a good story when they heard it. They stole from many of their foreign masters--including the Mesopotamians and Babylonians. The bible is such an obvious mish-mosh of myths from all of these traditions, it's impossible to argue with. Well, those with massive delusions concerning their own beliefs WILL find a way, won't they!!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:07 PM on Aug. 28, 2010