Let's hear something positive about a religion not your own!

I am Seventh Day Adventist but I have always really admired the Jehovah's Witness. They really work hard going door to door and I am sure that is not always easy. They are very convicted of their beliefs and provide free Bible study's and free literature.

luvsmysonjames

Asked by luvsmysonjames at 1:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• IAM A jEHOVAH'S WITNESS AND THANK YOU FOR THAT NICE COMMENT!!! I BELIEVE THE MORMANS ALSO HAVE VERY GOOD FAMILY MORALS AND DO ALOT TOGETHER.
    Hopeful1161

Answer by Hopeful1161 at 5:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I am atheist but I so agree with this

Buddhists have an amazing basis to a lot of their beliefs, that basis being kindness.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 1:58 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Buddhists have an amazing basis to a lot of their beliefs, that basis being kindness.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I have nothing negative to say about any religion.

I have found: peace, solace, wisdom, guidance, love, and compassion in every religion I have ever encountered or studied. Every place I have been in this world, has had people of different beliefs. And I have still found all of those things amongst those varying beliefs.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:04 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My impression of Mormons is that they are so family-oriented and they believe in being faithul and not being sexual with anyone until marriage. Those are really good values and I am very impressed with them.
    I am also agreeing with the Jewish religion for many of the same reasons and for their belief that Christ has not come to earth yet....I think Jesus was a wise man but not the son of God.
    I also feel a kinship with the Quaker religion because of their Pacifism...they will not go to war unless they can avoid killing (in any way)and do not approve of guns.
    I need to read about other religions too.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Without Islam, we would not have any of the great works of the Greek Philosophers, Scientists or Mathematicians today. Any knowledge we retain from Ancient Greece and Rome, we have because Muslim scholars preserved it while the Greeks and Romans blew each other up.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:45 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I actually agree with pixie - there is much in each faith that I find inspiring, and common themes that I respect through them all.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I love the Buddhist detachment to possessions and outcomes. Very emotionally healthy viewpoint.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• great answer pixie trix. For a specific answer though a bit minor I love the way BOTH parents of the bride and groom " give " the children to each other in a Jewish wedding.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 2:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I admire the Jewish and their community feel. Their ability to make everyday about their beliefs and live it.

I admire many things about many religions but there is one specific.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2010