What would you do (Part 1)

What would you do if you found out your pastor/priest/preacher/religious leader was born the opposite sex/gender than he or she is now?

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 2:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I talk with the pastor and leave the church unless he/she decides to make things right with God.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 2:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Nothing, it's none of my business.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Someone cannot preach unless they follow what they preach.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I would think they had been brave enough to know what they want.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Nothing , but commend his strength. I would most likely go to the church more often, because at least he will practice what he preaches and be a judgmental dick.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 2:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't go to church. I've found awful amounts of hypocrisy, cliquiness, a spirit of judgment instead of love, greed, etc in every church I've ever attended. I gave up on them years ago. Christ didn't want people behaving like they do in churches.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 2:19 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Nothing, it's none of my business.
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 2:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I don't know what makes you think you should have to "do" anything. Do you like the pastor as a person? And if so, does knowing what you know now change your feelings for him/her? Everyone has skeletons in their closets and people change for reasons. If the person was born one way and felt so strongly that they were not meant to be that way, then they went through time and effort to change their entire life around. I'm sure the pastor just wants to be respected as the individual that he or she is TODAY. The past is just that: past. If he or she has obviously gotten over the past, can't you? If not, get out of that church, but I wouldn't confront that person. What could that possibly accomplish?
    Dmommy4

Answer by Dmommy4 at 2:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Honestly I get a little scared of things like that. I've always heard negative things about people like that. I would try to get used the person as they are now.
    Plus I don't go to church, it scares me, and I always want to cry because no matter what I do I am not perfect. Our church is an Episcopal church and is very speachy, it is kind of depressing!
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 2:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Scared? What negative things have you heard that make you scared of a transgender individual?
    purpleducky

Comment by purpleducky (original poster) at 2:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010