Any ideas on how to make a turtle costume?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Paper mache for a turtle shell...green sweat pants and sweat shirt for the body...You could also bust out with some felt and cut out a shell shape and sew it really quick...nothing fancy. :) Have fun.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 12:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I would probably try out green sweat pants with a green sweat shirt. Take the biggest kitchen bowl I have and play with how to make it look like a shell. Possible painting the shell design on it with water based paints so that it can be washed off or maybe gluing paper shell shapes to it?, I can't think of a way to attack it to the child's back. Maybe a stuffed painted bag would probably be easier to work since you can staple the straps onto it and then just throw it away when your done.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 1:17 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I would buy a pice of foam that you recover chairs with to make th shell. Maybe find some green or brown matrial to cover the foamwith and draw the turtle lines on it after you cover it. Make straps like the fairy wings to attach the shell with. Does that make sense? lol...good luck!
    HippieChick14

Answer by HippieChick14 at 3:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I played the Mock Tortoise in an Alice in Wonderland play in elementary school. My dad is the original "Tim the Tool Man Taylor" so he rigged up a huge turtle shell with chicken wire and papier mache! I wore it with straps over my shoulders. It worked great but it was really over the top!
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 5:04 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• :)
    You could hopefully find a green garbage bag and or pillow case...Cut "turtle block strips" of card stock paper and glue them on to make the turtle shell....You could even make it fancy with stickers or glitter..something your child really likes...A real personality turtle back.Suff a pillow in the back....Make your leg and arm holes...Green turtle shirt and pants....You could make it hard and do it in a material patch/ back with a pillow case :) Smiles :)
    laurasmiles

Answer by laurasmiles at 9:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• NO WAY-----USE a snow disk! Spray paint it/hand paint it, green sweat pants and a TURTLE NECK (haha) - BINGO!
    Tirzah6

Answer by Tirzah6 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 13, 2008