please help..2yr old with rash on her feet?

she has had this rash for about 2months now..i took her to the docter 3 weeks ago and they said its from her shoes rubbing,,well she hasnt been wearing shoes,,only socks and slippers..i have tried everything they told me too...calomine lotion,,hydrocortisone,and trible antiobotic.. here is a link for the pic,,if it doesnt work the pics are on my cafemom page

http://www.cafemom.com/photos/view.php?photo_id=13756365

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 2:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• It does just look like shoes rubbing however is she itching it at all? Or perhaps she rubs her feet together occasionally? It could be something as simple as that that's keeping it from healing.
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 2:25 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Is it just on the inside of the top of her feet? My guess is... the skin itches, so she scratches. Not that there is rash causing the itch. My kids (and husband for that matter) get ichy skin when allergies/skin sensativities are flairing. I would start washing your whites in "free and clear" detergent, using taller socks making it more difficult for her to scratch, maybe even trying a long acting antihistamine like zyrtec or claritan, and try an anti-itch lotion like Curel - rather than a medicaided cream sicne some of them can actually be drying.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• no she hasnt been itching at all,,its crazy
    angelairelan

Comment by angelairelan (original poster) at 2:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Could she be scratching in her sleep? It definitely looks like an abrasion either caused by her nails or an object.

karamille

Answer by karamille at 2:44 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• she sleeps in our bed,am a very light sleeper,,i have also tried aquaphor and nothing seems to be helping...got me baffeled...but she doesnt scratch at all..its weird.
    angelairelan

Comment by angelairelan (original poster) at 3:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Well, my first thought was foot and mouth but it doesn't look like that a at all...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:18 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I look after a small child who has similar sores on her feet hers are eczema. They get worse if she does itch them but they rarely go completely away either...have been told she will grow out of it.

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 9:06 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Psoraisis? Athletes foot? Yeast infection? Eczema? Heat rash??? If your pedi cant figure it out- take her to a dermotologist. If they can't tell you off the bat they will probably run a culture and will know EXACTLY what it is. Hope it clears up quickly!
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:06 AM on Aug. 29, 2010

• I was thinking eczema or heat rash too. Good luck
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 2:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2010

• Try a tepid bath with baking soda. I know it sounds stupid but my 90 year old grandmother swears it's the answer for everything skin related and 99% of the time she is right. IDK, just works wonders.
    fatcat0908

Answer by fatcat0908 at 8:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2010