okay who has this problem?

Okay my MIL is driving me nuts. I have a 22 mnth old who i love dearly. And she is my first and only. I try to give her for now everything I had as a alil girl and more. Well my problem is my MIL! Its like a damn competition with this lady. I find it very funny how she manages to buy my daughter things that I had told my husband that I wanted to buy our daughter. I had told my husband that I wanted to buy my daughter this play kitchen for her birthday. Well when we went over to my in laws yesterday she just happened to be talking about buying my baby THE SAME thing. And i told my hubby this back in April.

The first few times i figured it was coincidence. but now this time Im convinced shes doing it on purpose. and I think its because my husabnd tells her EVERYTHING and Uses it to her advantage. What do u think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Tell your husband something really bizarre that you really could care less about... and see if she gets it for your daughter! then you will know for sure! If that happens... stop telling your husband stuff. hehehe
    Pat-S

Answer by Pat-S at 12:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Does she give it to you or keep it her house? If it goes to your house who cares who buys it? I would think it was great if everything I wanted for my son was bought for him by someone else. Saves me money!
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My MIL buys us stuff- I LOVE IT- let her spend her money!
    Sandiii

Answer by Sandiii at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• SAVES YOU MONEY. I would not care as long as my daughter is happy with what she gets is all that matters
    Heaven0802

Answer by Heaven0802 at 12:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• fairyinabubble :
    I Agree 100%
    jjessers

Answer by jjessers at 12:54 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• No she keeps it at her house! And the only reason she buys her things is so she could say she was the first to buy her this and that. Sometimes I dont think her intentions are genuine. Its like for her first Christmas, my daughter was ONLY 2 weeks old and she bought her a cabbage patch doll and buidl a bear and other stuffed animlas that she could care less about at that time. When she could have just bought her things she needed like clothes. And the first thing that came out of her mouth was "Oh look at what grandma bought you your first cabbage patch doll".
    Anonymous

• my mil is the same way. it drives me crazy...i know how you feel. its not about the money its about the fact tht she is being a b**ch and getting it first......what are we to do?
    nikki.b.

Answer by nikki.b. at 12:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• It does sound a little like she is trying to one-up you. That would depend on what kind of relationship you and she have, or have had in the past. Don't let it bother you! Your daughter is what's important, and your daughter will love YOU no less. It's okay that the items came from grandma. It's just toys. And you didn't have to spend your own cash. Don't worry, you have YEARS ahead to give to your daughter. Prom dress.. computer.. cell phone.. college.. wedding...by that time you will be grateful for grandma to pitch in wherever, trust me! Don't compete. Think about this, some kids aren't lucky enough to have a grandparent that is involved. They need all the love they can get.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 1:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i know the feeling. for my son's first birthday, i told everyone i only wanted 1 thing from them, and everyone did it. he already had alot of toys, i didn't want my house to be a toy box. my In-laws live in a different state so thank God they couldn't come. i got a HUGE box in the mail a few days later, from my MIL, almost as tall as me, with TONS of toys in there. i was NOT happy. it's like if i say "no", she says "why?" and does it anyway! UUUGGHHH!!
    Anonymous

• i understand what u mean, now its great that she buys her stuff, saving money is great, but i see where ur coming from u want to be the one to buy ur daughter those special things she likes, and so ur daughter don't grow up to think grammy is the one who brought me what i really wanted, i feel u need to talk to her and hubby and let them know u apprecate it but explain why u wanna be the one that gets ur daughter the things she likes most because u r mom, and u want ur daughter to grow up knowing that mommy loves me so much and always wanted me to have the things i wanted, along with ust lovng her by being there for u. and if gram don't stop doing that she is juat being rude, so when she buys it before u, take it back to the store and get other things u or ur daughter may need with the money..lol.. that'll pay her back.. good luck!!
    heavensent1174

Answer by heavensent1174 at 1:37 PM on Oct. 10, 2008