I am going to put my 6 month old in a daycare for the first time i am so nervous

I am a Teacher and my hours are 9 am to 3 pm

MommaMia2010

Asked by MommaMia2010 at 2:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Try not to be nervous, it's just something working mummies have to do. My son went at a yr old and my baby Im pregnant with now will be 8months when he goes.....have to do what we have to do, we don't all have the means to stay at home I guess.
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 2:30 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My kids went to "at home babysitters" for their first 1-10 and 1-6 years. When we moved, we put them in daycare. They met alot of friends there and still have them 15 years later! My 10 year old even got to help out with the babies! She loved that. Overall, it's a good experience for them!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Sorry :(
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 2:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• It's not about having the means... it's about making the choices. It's not always an easy choice, but it is possible for many moms.

And I've never had to do daycare... but my 4 y/o is starting prek next week and I am SOOO nervous. I'm sure we'll get used to it, but it's still daunting to think about someone else caring for *my* baby!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 2:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Try researching day cares and asking for references. You'll feel better about things if you've done your homework.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hey fellow teacher mom - you'll be fine and so will your child. I had to do this last year when he wasn't even 3 months old - he's in a home daycare and the provider is really wonderful, she and I have a great partnership in taking care of my little guy. The first day will probably be harder on you than your little one - it was that way for me - pm me if you have any ??'s :) Take care!!
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 8:20 PM on Aug. 28, 2010