mucus plug ?

ok so i think im loosing my mucus plug how does it look and how long does it take too lose it all theres no blood in it is that ok and like how long after you start loosin it do you get the bloody show

senior_2OO8

Asked by senior_2OO8 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• never experienced that..i had c sections...good luck sounds
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• With my first it can take awhile to completely lose it. A week or two before labor i had clear mucus coming out! When i lost my plug completely it was a little bloody have no clue what the bloody show looks like!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 2:57 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• see everytime i wipe there this clear gooy stuff on the paper is that my mucuc plug
    senior_2OO8

Comment by senior_2OO8 (original poster) at 3:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You can begin to lose your mucus plug at any time during pregnancy. Your mucus plug can actually regrow if the baby is not ready to come. There is no certain way to tell how much longer you have left.. Good luck!
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 3:02 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The mucus plug looks like thick, gooey gel. If you see it, don't be alarmed because it does't mean that you will go into immediate labor. However, if you're less than 36 weeks, you should probably contact your ob provider if you start feeling pain because it could indicate premature contractions. If you are over 36 weeks, it might take anywhere from 72-hours to a week before you develop contractions. Hope this helps.
    Dr.Galloway

Answer by Dr.Galloway at 3:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• you can have the clear gooey gel then the plug itself is an actual glob (at least it was for me) the bloody show it really depend on your body, theres no set time frame for it. Some people never experience either before they go into labor.
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 8:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010