Should I be a little upset or no?

So I have been married for 2 years now. My dh asked this way "wanna get married" and I responded"yea sure" no ring no dress. court house wedding with no family or anything. I have been giving the dh little signals that I would like a ring(I MEAN ITS BEEN TWO YEARS!!!!) and he complains about the money. So my best friend, started rubbing it in my face that her fiance got her a 2000$ ring and blah blah. I was wondering, would it be okay if I kind of got a little angry at her b/c of it? idk its kind of bothering me but idk if I should say anything. PLEASE hELP!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes yes yes, do it! I got married and we spent tons of money on a huge wedding and were only married 8 years. Although now with years of prayer I am engaged to the man God has sent, I will get married in the courthouse, no dress, or anything. Its much easier and saves a lot of money.
    missthang42001

Answer by missthang42001 at 2:42 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• You should be happy for her it is an exciting time for her. I got married very similar to your experience, we went to pawn shop and got rings. Its is nothing fancy, but its mine. =)
    queen.bee

Answer by queen.bee at 2:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I say go for what u can afford...get mad about that!
    kkleywegt41

Answer by kkleywegt41 at 2:39 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• yea I agree you should be happy for her 0__0 i don't have a ring either
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• The ring doesn't make the marriage, the people do. If she's serious, she's not a real friend. Maybe she's just joking around. I wouldn't be upset. Just because there is an expensive ring doesn't mean that they will be together longer. Our wedding bands cost a combined total of $100 for the both of them. It shouldn't matter what they cost or if you even have them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Marriage isn't about rings or weddings or things like that - it's about the relationship. So it's been 2 years, so what? - are you with him just because you're waiting for him to buy you jewelry? Your relationship is about you and your partner, not about rings.

And friendship should be about the relationship too, about the people you care about. You should be happy with her, what good is jealousy and anger going to do? And why wouldn't you want nice things for a person you care about?
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Me personally.

I wouldn't be upset, or angry, at this point. Because I would have chosen and agreed to marry without those things. If I agreed to marry without a ring, I can't say that I'd be upset if I still didn't have one two years later.... IF I wanted one though, I wouldn't drop hints. I would flat out say "Hey, I want a ring. It's time we get me one" and I would start doing whatever I needed to in order to get one (work on our budget, get a part time job if I weren't working.. whatever I needed to do. If I really wanted a ring that badly).. My friend getting a ring from her fiance' wouldn't get to me. She chose the man she did. And he had a ring for her. I would have chosen the man I did and he didn't. No reason for me to be peeved really.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:41 PM on Aug. 28, 2010