How can I tame my daughter's mullet?

Yup, she's got the hockey hair. I don't want to cut it because that'll make her look like a boy. It's too short to put in pig tails. She won't wear headbands. What can I do?
(stupid, funky hair stages *grumble*)

jellyphish

Asked by jellyphish at 12:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh yea, i remeber those days. my DD was born with a lot of hair, never fell out, just kept growing. She had a mullet hair too. i just kept cutting the back of her hair no where else. everytime it would start getting out of hand i would just cut the back of her hair till it was about even with the rest. Eventually her hair sarted growing more even and now she doesnt have the hockey hair! Just keep snipping the longer hair to match the rest. It works, promise.
    Anonymous

• First of all, leave the mullet alone. This is just a phase your daughter is going through. It could be a part of her developing personality as well. However, if you are really concerned about your daughter's well being, my suggestion is to visit this incredible website called Nogginpower2. One thing I learned about Nogginpower2 is that they offer a great deal of information, such as Discipline, Parent/Children Relationships, Making New Friends and Improving Social Skills. These manuals on Nogginpower2 should help you teach your daughters some of the things that are appropriate or inappropriate in society. I hope this helps you with your current situation. Thank you and best of luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• it's amazing how little hair is required for itty bitty ponytails if mom is properly motivated and armed. you can buy tiny little barrettes and make little ponytails. I did it with my cue ball. she had no hair till after she turned 1, but once there was an inch of it, I had that stuff sticking up with a pink bow lmao.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 12:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Thanks for the giggles, Paula, you're hilarious!
    jellyphish

Answer by jellyphish at 12:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• All hail the mighty toddler girl mullet!
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Can you manage a "fountain". You know a pigtail on top like Pebbles?
    We just had a short hair cut until her hair thickened up. My youngest had really short hair until she was 2 and a half. :)
    mama3ks97

Answer by mama3ks97 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• MY DD has a mullett also, she is 20 months. I couldnt think of anything to do with it, untill on dayI was trimming my sons hair and decided to give her a little trim. I trimmed the bottom just a little and tried to make it blend a little better, now she looks great, and I no longer see a mullett. PlussinceI have trimmed it I have noticed it growing faster, and thickining up!
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• We have stick-on bows that works wonderfully on babies with and without hair. The different colors and styles we have available can be viewed online at www.AvasAuthentics.com

AvasAuthentics

Answer by AvasAuthentics at 1:40 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My dd has a mullet as well, and she also wont let me keep anything in her hair. This actually makes me happy because that only tells me if she had a CROP of hair in her eyes, she wouldnt let me fix that either....so I'm enjoying the mullet as long as I can....lol
    Gweneveer

Answer by Gweneveer at 1:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Grab all the hair you can on top and give her a "Pebbles" ponytail
    Gaia_Rain

Answer by Gaia_Rain at 2:02 PM on Oct. 10, 2008