do i need to go to the doctor

i had a baby in april an me an my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant again...we have been trying since my son was a week old and we "try" 2 sometimes 3 a there something wrong with me? should i go to the doctor to find out if somthings wrong?

Asked by pamNjeremy at 1:41 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in General Parenting

• Are you serious?! Since you're baby was a week old? That's a BAD idea! You need to let you r body have more time to heal or your next delivery might not go as smooth as you'd like it to. At LEAST give it a few months!

If you're trying to concieve it's best to do it every other day. You need to give his body time to build the sperm count back up. But again, I don't suggest doing this for awhile. You're crazy!

Answer by ReneeK3 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Just a note, they say you should wait about a year between children. Often times your body just may not be ready. It is a traumatic experience to have a baby and it wreaks havoc on your body. I would wait awhile before seeking medical help. Theoretically, you haven't developed a fertility problem in 3 months.

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:46 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I doubt that there is anything wrong with you. You just had a child a few months ago. I would not try to get pregnant without talking to your doctor. It has only been a few months and your body may not be healed comletely or ready to carry another child. Some people experience miscarriages if the body has not had enough time to get back to normal first.

Answer by maddysmommy907 at 1:47 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Coming from someone that has 2 children that are 10 months apart I can tell you the second pregnancy wasn't as smooth as the first. (I didn't plan on having them that close, but now it's that way I think it's great.) I went into premature labor several times and had to have it stopped, I almost got but on bed rest. My body seriously needed a break and I can imagine yours is the same.

I'm with Renee there is nothing wrong with wanting your kids to be close in age etc, and it can be done, but give it a few months, just so your body can rest.

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• You need time to heal, your body can't handle it right now. You will keep having miscarriages till the body is completely healed. Slow down!

• Your crazy!!! kids are 1 yr apart..and trust me, take time to enjoy your first baby. You will end up missing out on alot by having another little one so its much harder to get back into shape after stretching your belly to the max for 2 back to back pregnancies. Heal yourself..and 1 wk after having your baby is WAY to early to have sex .

Answer by mybabygirlz at 4:19 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• you body doesn't want to get pregnant.

Answer by dannersmell at 4:42 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• your body needs time to heal...I got pregnant whn my dd was 5months old and at 6weeks we had amiscarriage. The dr said my cervix wasn't completely closed from the previous pregnancy..I know after my kids I wanted more right away,(alot of women do) but it isn't healthy and it is very stressful. Give it some time.Your body isn't ready.Most drs suggest at least a yr between pregnancies.

Answer by mamaof2748 at 4:55 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Are you breastfeeding? This could be keeping you from getting preggo again. I'm with the others about waiting a bit, and your Dr will probably advise you the same way. Give your body time and I bet it'll give you baby #2 when it's ready. Good luck!

Answer by Alyssia3777 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 2, 2008

• At your age, you could permanently damage yourself. Stop.

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Jul. 12, 2008