how do i stop my 3 year old from pooping in her underwear?

she goes pee in the potty,but always poops in her underwear.

fairymother01

Asked by fairymother01 at 12:42 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• try to make a goal for her. if she poops in the potty than make a huge deal out of it. take her get a Popsicle or something nice. when she has an accident dont make a huge deal about it. cause she could just be getting use to the sensation that lets you know you are about to poop. tell her its ok and try harder to make it to the potty next time.

nikki.b.

Answer by nikki.b. at 12:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I totally agree with the previous post. If your daughter takes a dump in the toilet, you should definitely reward her for a job well-done. This will teach her to react in a properly fashion should nature call on her form time to time. I also suggest you visit this incredible website called Nogginpower2. What I learned about Nogginpower2 is that they have an excellent amount of reading on Discipline, Getting Great Grades (place where they explain some rewards and punishments for your child), Better Social Skills, Making New Friends and Getting a Good Night Sleep/Bed Wetting. These manuals on Nogginpower2 should thus assist you in helping your daughter learn her manners, especially when it comes to potty training. I hope this helps you with your current situation. Thank you and best of luck.
    paulacolls19715

Answer by paulacolls19715 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I told my daughter that if she couldn't go poop in the toilet, then she couldn't wear big girl underwear. She would have to wear dipes and be treated like a baby, bottle and all. She prides her self on being a big girl so she stopped pooing immediately. She wanted to stay in panties so she stopped pooing herself.

Then, when she had accidents, I made her clean up herself (with my help) and put her dirty duds in the laundry. She took ownership of the few mistakes she had and now is fully pottytrained. Today is her third birthday.
    lilmami81

Answer by lilmami81 at 6:24 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• Heck I have the same problem but the other way around. My DD will poop in the toilet just fine. But pees her pants all the time. We're talking 5 or 6 times a day. It drives me crazy.
    cjjustlex

Answer by cjjustlex at 10:45 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• We went thru this with my son. He was peeing in the potty by his second birthday but, he wouldn't poop in the potty for anything. I tried everything I could think of. He was almost kicked out of his preschool because they wanted to move him up but, couldn't until he starting pooping on the potty. Then one day as if by magic it happened. He hasn't had an accident since. Some kids just take longer.
    sheilaj817

Answer by sheilaj817 at 10:52 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• I had that same problem with my 3 year old dd. She would go potty just fine but when it came to poop she just did not want to go in the potty, it was frustrating because she knew when she had to go. I had tried everything so finely I told her that if she keeps pooping in her underwear that she would help me clean it too. I was going to by disposable gloves and everything, but after I told her that she never had another accident. She has been trained for 2 weeks now and she is so proud of herself. I know it sounds kind of mean but she was ready and just not wanting to do it. She is almost 3 1/2.
    mommygirls2

Answer by mommygirls2 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 11, 2008