Miscarrage

i had a miscarage a week ago today im am still so sad but im starting to feel okay with it and letting my life go on its only hard to tell people that knew i was pregnate. how long did it talke you to come to terms with your loss and how do you honor you angel baby!

In MEMORY of maddison Howard

saadamarie

Asked by saadamarie at 3:08 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It gets easier over time but you never completely get over it. I had 3 miscarriages (3rd pregnancy was a set of twins). Its crazy to think that if they all had been sucessful pregnancies we would have 6 kids now. And on the flip side, I don't know if our family will ever *FEEL* complete, because no matter how many kids we have, we will always be missing the ones we lost. Its been over 6 years since my first pregnancy, and I don't think about my miscarriages every day anymore, but I still think about them and how old they would be and what they would be doing from time to time. But I promise you it will get better with time. ((BIG HUGS))
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:13 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I wasn't too far along when I had my miscarriage, but having tried for 4 yrs I had to be sedated while in the Hospital I was so upset. I took a week off of work.I every now & then I think about it on the month that the baby would have been born. I didn't do anything special I guess bec I wasn't too far along, and being such a wreck I tried to get on with my life and try again. So sorry for your loss, but try to get back into things and maybe it will get your mind off of your loss a little bit.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 3:15 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thank you so much i feel like its good enough that i can go out in public and see all my friends who were pregnate with near to same due dates but it helps to know i will feel better about what happened soon!
    saadamarie

Comment by saadamarie (original poster) at 3:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• My prayers are with you .. I have never had one but my best friend lost her twins last year aug 30th. You never get over it we do not think about it the miscarriage every day anymore but it is still very hard for her, we will be with her on that day and it will be a gathering of friends to assist her in any way we can . But I promise you it will get better with time. ((BIG HUGS))
    MTM

Answer by MTM at 3:21 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Im really sorry. But you should go out and have some fun.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I was really upset. I what i did was try for another beautiful baby
    janieishappy

Answer by janieishappy at 3:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry for your loss, we had a mc in march this yr. Im currently pregnant and all is ok but I still remember our angel baby everyday. I planted a tree in the garden for him/her and was also lucky enough that the hospital allowed me to bring home what was there after me d&c which I buried under the tree this really helped. Just make sure you talk to ppl when u feel down, dnt feel like you have to forget your baby and maybe on like the due date you can do something like plant a flower, release a balloon or light a candle xxxx
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 5:46 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I lost a baby two years ago this Oct. I have yet to do anything special. The hospital that treated me has been nothing but kind. Every year on mothers day they send me a card with an invitation to a special gathering. They have offered to plant a rose in their special garden and offered to dedicate a brick in the babys memory. Every year again at christmas they invite me to a special gathering. It really means alot to me because my family just seems to keep it hush hush like I am supposed to just let it go. I dont think that approach is healthy. We have lost children and need to mourn in our own way and in our own time. I think beginning this Oct I am going to honor my child who would be 2 by releasing a ballon and maybe even making cake with my other children. I am currently pregnant again, but wanted to be somewhat healed before attempting another pregnancy. Sorry for your loss.
    ambernicole531

Answer by ambernicole531 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I had two miscarriages and it was so hard. I had had two successful pregnancies and then the losses. After the second loss, I just felt I had to do something to have them recognized. I just felt that after the miscarriage was over, there was no closure. I am not a religious person, I do not attend church, but I felt that I had to ask for them to be cared for and accepted into heaven. So I called up my in-laws pastor and he was so kind. He brought us in on a private meeting, gave us some guidence, and prayed for our lost babies. I left there with a ton of weight lifted off of my shoulders. I can not explain why I felt that way, but I did. I joined the miscarriage/pregnancy loss group on here and it helped a lot, too. As far as friends that are pregnant at the same time, I was just thankful they did not have to feel the pain that I was and tried to still be happy for their baby. Hang in there...it will get better!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2010