Do your parents still do things for you like when you were younger?

My Mom is coming 287 miles to see me and will be here tonight. My house is sparkling clean and I am excited. She is bringing me a surprise, my old things from my old apartment she found in her garage, my favorite chocolate, some Norwegian sodas, and of course herself!
That does not count the stuff she'll bring for my family.
I just have to wait until 11pm tonight, I am pacific time, so I have a long time to wait!
Plus she will finally get the wall quilt I made for her. I pieced the blocks, and used sashing, and I am just excited!

tryin2BGOOD

Asked by tryin2BGOOD at 3:17 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• That's really great!
    My mom is a lot like your mom. When she's coming she always brings a treat for me and the family. They help me clean, regardless how many times I tell my parents to sit and relax. They take us places, buy us things. My parents do all the things they did for me as a kid, but now it's a treat for them. Due to the fact that they don't have to and I don't ask them to.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Hope you have a wonderful visit!
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 3:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Thanks.
    tryin2BGOOD

Comment by tryin2BGOOD (original poster) at 3:22 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Have a great visit!!
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Awww. Im goin to like that when I move out and what not. You should take her out to eat and have fun when she down. Talk about all the good times yall had.
    sguy1983

Answer by sguy1983 at 3:27 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• ya they still like to feel they are helping in some way, even tho it usually isn't, I understand why they are doing it and show appreciation for it.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010