Have you ever lost someone that meant so much to you that you know you'll never be the same?

My grandmother who was my rock, my home, my example of who I modeled myself after, passed away a few months ago. I drove down and took care of her in her finale days. I watched as cancer destroyed her frail little body, she was so dignified when she passed. I know I will never be the same, she still has my heart and I am I finding it hard to move on with out shutting down emotionally.

JenNAY3

Asked by JenNAY3 at 12:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2008 in Relationships

• Awww, my condelences to you and your family!
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 12:48 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i feel for you and i know what your going thru...my grandma passed of cancer when i was 15 and 3 days after christmas...she was my best friend, my life and my favorite person in the world! i held her hand when she passed and was devostated forever! i am still not the same i never will be and i am afraid of loosing other people close to me i am 24 and pregnant now and i have dreams that we talk for hours like we used to and i smell her christmas cookies when there is nothing baking. i will see her again and i am convinced of that i will never be the same but yet it does get easier.
    babykins362003

Answer by babykins362003 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• i have had a lot of loss in my life in just the past 3 years first my dad (and i was his little princess.)... then my husband passed away at home he was with hospice we were married 18 years then my 8 year old niece was killed in a car accident i was her baby sitter while her parents worked then my mom recently passed away from cancer so yep its very hard..... sorry for your loss but time does help......... oh i also lost my big brother too cancer as well about ten years ago ...... sometimes im not sure how i get out of bed in the mornings but life goes on every day gets a little easier .....good luck
    Anonymous

• I am so sorry sweetie. You are right, you will never be the same again but that's not a bad thing at all. The truth is a big part of your life is now gone and you'll never get it back. Just hang in there, it wont go away but I promise it will all get better with time. Until then, don't be afraid to cry. Holding it in wont help at all because it will definately come out sooner or later.

My sister/ best friend passed away 3 years ago and I still get emotional and cry especially on holidays.
    Shulizboo

Answer by Shulizboo at 1:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• My condolences,,,It will take a while but you will be able to move on from your grief,,,Let your self cry,, it will help.

Answer by louise2 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• She was in your life for a reason. She was there to teach you and give of herself. She's still within. Honor her memory with being as wonderful as she was. It's not that you'll never be the same with her loss...it's that you will never be the same after she made her imprint on your life. Embrace what she gave you.
    I know the loss created a void. It did when my mom died of cancer, too but fill it with fond memories so you can share them with your children and be a great grandmother to your grandkids.
    My condolences on your loss though.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:09 PM on Oct. 10, 2008

• remember her strength, her dignity when she went. those are admirable qualities, especially from one who knows she is dying. my grandmother is very old too and is getting weaker, i dont foresee her leaving any time in the near future but i know it will be hard on me when it does happen. look through old photos and remember all the good times, laugh through the tears.
    imanixon2

Answer by imanixon2 at 2:27 PM on Oct. 10, 2008