Do you think he stands a chance? adult content

My ex is trying to file for custody......
He has three prior restraining orders for DV and one is mine one is his own mother the other is his ex.
He had thrown me against a brick wall and busted my face open on it. He was also sexually and emotionally and financially abusive to me. I did not have the guts to tell any one at the time that this was happening but I did file the restraining order. Also I had brought my kids to OCS to see the nurses and therapists cause I caught my son trying to have sex with my daughter. When they were evaluated the therapist said that he had seen his father having sex with his girlfriend and that he was witnessing DV. ATM of the sexual experience that he saw they were living in a motel. However no one seemed to think that this was an issue I have the documentation to back this up. What do you think?

agriffinmom4

Asked by agriffinmom4 at 3:28 PM on Aug. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Documentation......lots and lots of it. For him to get custody he needs to prove that he is a better parent than you......with everything you're saying, that's not likely!

Good luck :)
    colethky

Answer by colethky at 3:43 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• well we dunno YOUR history, so he may if yours is worse ;) lol
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 3:29 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• As long as you have documentation and a good lawyer, I don't think with his history he could get any more than supervised visits, which in this case I would push for anyway. Hope things work out for you.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:38 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No, he doesnt have a chance. Visitation possibly but no custody.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 3:31 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• wow!!! I would get a lawyer anyways, atleast legal advice.... he may not have a chance, but still its not a risk I would be willing to take.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• Zoeyis has a point. Doesn't sound good for him if you have all your documentation.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:33 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• At the time that he got my children I am not allowed say cause that is currently under federal investigation. I have never been to jail and have never had a restraining order on me for DV either. I have had two driving tickets in my life and that is all. I am living in a one bedroom now but am hoping to get a two bedroom. He also has multiple Criminal Records. I think that he stole my sons identity once or twice too that is also being look at by the IRS. I am not saying that I am any better than him. I know I am though. His daughter who is now 12 was talking to me on the phone, she said she had read her mothers Journal once when it was laying out and she said that she read in the journal that her father had thrown her when she was a child, her mother had to come home and save her cause she was at work. I am honestly scared for my childrens safety not only that he has a drug history... I had one to but i can stay away for them.
    agriffinmom4

Comment by agriffinmom4 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• No, I don't think he does have a chance. Sorry you went through all that.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 3:35 PM on Aug. 28, 2010

• I hope it all works out for you. I have no idea what the courts will do, but I would assume you would get custody. Good luck.
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 3:37 PM on Aug. 28, 2010